Location: Cleveland, OH
- Responsible for the planning, development, and management of assigned enterprise applications.
- Provides direction for the development, delivery, and support of the standardization, normalization, and delivery of data in clinical or business systems across the enterprise.
- Provides the community with professional support in matters relating to business/clinical process improvements and applications development, acquisition, implementation, and resource utilization for systems and projects.
- Integrates and builds effective and positive working relationships between IS work groups and other areas of the organization to ensure needs and expectations of the user community are met.
- Coordinates the work of the application vendors and outside consultants contracted for implementation support, report writing, and/or application development.
- Oversees the analysis of user needs, identification of interface issues between applications, implementation of new applications, upgrades of existing applications, support of application performance and functionality, documentation of procedures, and training of user community.
- Upholds the mission, vision, values, and customer service standards.
- Contributes to patient safety by supporting the System-wide programs and policies addressing a safe environment for patients and the reporting of safety concerns to the appropriate individuals.
- Develops IT strategic plans that drive the achievement of system goals.
- Oversees the implementation, communication, and promotion of strategic plans.
- Demonstrates ability to think/act strategically and influence key leaders and partners.
- Researches and integrates emerging technologies, processes, and best practices.
- Evaluates options against business requirements and develops technology roadmap that aligns with expected business outcomes.
- Develops strategies and seeks out opportunities to improve customer service, reduce costs, and enhance vendor and consulting relationships.
- Communicates with user community and IS staff and identifies priority request/issues with organizational impact.
- Acts as advisor and consultant to project sponsors and executives.
- Ensures implementations of new applications, upgrades to existing applications and problem solutions in applications are completed in a timely manner within budget and with accuracy and customer satisfaction.
- Partners with senior leaders to forge collaborative win-win relationships and facilitates workflow across the organization which results in increased efficiency, effectiveness, and employee satisfaction.
- Drives change through partnership with multiple areas and levels within organization.
- Directs the activities of the Applications Managers and applications support staff, prioritizes activities and schedules staff to achieve high quality of service and to meet organization and department’s goals and objectives.
- Meets with all levels of IS management and business partners to review existing systems performance, capabilities, and quality to establish service levels and performance metrics, and ensure that an agreed-upon service level is provided to customers.
- Oversees life cycle management.
- Directs the planning, designing, implementing, and documenting of all new assigned applications, upgrades to existing applications, or application issues.
- Oversees development and implementation of roll-out plans to include coordination of all impacted departments/areas.
- Manages the integration of all assigned applications to ensure data integrity and consistency across the enterprise.
- This includes methodologies for data normalization and integration to standardize the meaning of the data, proof of validity and improve the consistent access to data for decision making.
- Assists with preparation of the annual IS operating and capital budgets and monitors the budgetary targets on applications projects and tasks.
- Coordinates the selection of outside sources for needed services.
- Manages the activities of outside consultants contracted for implementation support, report writing or application development.
- Participates in effective governance and portfolio management of applications to ensure stakeholder engagement, consensus on prioritization, effective resource management, and functional accountability through all phases of application and product lifecycle.
- Champions the establishment and ongoing operation of industry best practice processes aligned with ITIL.
- Participates in and oversees the change management process.
- Develops and implements departmental policies and procedures.
- Ensures that policies and procedures are compatible with the function and goals of the organization and meet regulatory and statutory requirements.
- In coordination with the Disaster Recovery Planner and Security Manager plans and executes disaster recovery for assigned IS systems in support of enterprise business continuity requirements.
- Performs functionally related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Information Technology, Hospital Administration, Clinical degree or related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five or more years of related experience in healthcare applications.
- Five or more years of applications experience.
- Three or more years of experience in information system project management.
- Solid understanding of all hospital business and clinical operations.
- Progressive experience with a variety of application vendor environments including, Epic, Lawson, Siemens, GE and McKesson with a preference to Epic.
- Demonstrated experience in best practices and leading advanced application solutions.
- Prior experience in management of large complex applications environment.
- Advanced PC knowledge including proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Visio, and MS Project.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Master’s Degree or in the process of achieving a degree in one of the foregoing disciplines.
- ITIL certification.
- PMP or comparable certification.
- Expertise in quality improvement processes such as ISO or Six Sigma.