Location: Minneapolis, MN
Duration: 6 Months, Contract to Hire
- Agile 1-2 Yrs
- J2EE 4-6 Yrs
- Java 4-6 Yrs
- Linux 2-4 Yrs
- SOAP 2-4 Yrs
- UNIX 2-4 Yrs
- The DevOps Engineer is responsible for providing technical expertise in the support and growth of the core medical claims and health management platforms.
- This will include providing detailed analysis, helping with application and environment configuration, conducting proofs of concept and supporting extended integration logic.
- Additionally, this individual will work on continuous Integration of Java/web service-based applications, writing infrastructure code to automate the build and deployment of those applications, configuring/building/deploying Java-based test frameworks for stress and load testing the applications, and improving the J2EE security of the applications.
- The Engineer works closely with multiple teams, including IT development, quality assurance, business analysis, systems support, information security, database analysis, business
partners, and outside vendors.
- Agile development experience is necessary.
- Broad technical knowledge is required, including Java/J2EE applications and application servers, Oracle databases, Unix/Linux systems and scripting, and infrastructure automation.
- Health care background is a plus.
Key Account abilities:
- Write infrastructure automation scripts in Ansible and deploy/maintain vendor-provided automation scripts 35%
- Automate the build of J2EE application server environments on Linux VM’s by reviewing/revising Ansible playbooks.
- Analyze and execute complex Ansible playbooks provided by vendors to be utilized in.
- Troubleshoot and fix system issues that may arise when running vendor-created playbooks on systems.
- Customize Java Web Services that is dependent upon legacy web services and automate their deployment using Maven and Jenkins tools.
- Optimize and enhance capabilities for healthcare Payor claims platform 40%
- Working on adapting integration points into core platform
- Involved in constructing and conducting POC’s for new and enhanced capabilities.
- Define and construct integration/supporting capabilities with core product.
- Envision, design, implement, and maintain a test framework that calls SOAP web services with Java/JAXB and Spring
- Include interface for users allowing entry of desired stress level: ex. 75% of production load, 100% of production load, etc.
- Consume web services hosted by WebLogic, Apache Karaf, and/or TIBCO
- Collect test metrics showing performance of all individual web services.
- Allow for different combinations of various web services within desired timeframes.
- Involve DBA’s with examining database performance during test execution.
- Report test results to a broad range of stakeholders, including IT partners, business partners, and vendor partners.
- Extend messaging framework with new services developed using Apache Camel (as future business needs materialize.)
- Troubleshoot performance issues on a Java/Oracle-based application and recommend solutions 25%
- Examine an orchestrated series of web service calls and database queries to troubleshoot and fix performance issues.
- Work with business teams to identify end user-centric measurement points and establish KPI’s related to performance.
- Create performance tuning strategies for IT and business partners.
- Work with IT and business teams to carry out application performance assessments.
- Work with vendor teams to ensure Java applications are incorporated into performance targets and goals.
- Inspire and mature the Performance Engineering practice.
- Drive the tactical plans to achieve the long term vision, which is maximizing the experience for customers.
- Help evaluate software and hardware vendors targeted for possible integration into the systems.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Major: B.A. or B.S. in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field
- Minimum years’ experience required in the field to qualify for the position: 3-5
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, problem solving, organizational, and time management skills.
- Can work independently; is self-motivated and deadline driven.
- Able to work on multiple concurrent tasks, both administrative and project-based.
- Strong written skills for developing and maintaining system documentation.
- Flexible team player, able to work collaboratively with and through others, supportive of a cooperative work environment.
- Easy to work with; calm under pressure
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members.
- Background working on Agile/Scrum methodology teams.
- Willing to recommend system solutions by comparing advantages and disadvantages of custom development and purchase alternatives.
- Health care background is a plus.
Required Technical Skills:
- Java/J2EE – minimum 3 years
- Experience with J2EE application server(s)
- Experience with Ansible Or Chef software
- Experience with Ant and Maven build and version control tools
- Experience with version control tools like SVN and Git
- Experience with build and deployment tools/methodologies like Jenkins and CI
- Experienced with Web Services (SOAP and REST)
- Experience with Unix shell scripting
- Oracle PL-SQL and SQL development skills
- Development experience using JUnit unit test framework, or similar
- Experienced in Java/J2EE application security
- Experience with SSL, HTTPS, and digital certificates
- Knowledge of JMS and queues
- Experience with OS environments like RedHat Linux
- Experience with scripting technologies like Python, Perl, or Groovy
Strongly Desired Technical Skills:
- Experience in the Health Care Industry (2-3 yrs)
- Broad understanding of Java middleware technologies and architecture like SOA, queue-based messaging frameworks, and Apache Camel
- Experience with other infrastructure automation tools like Docker, SaltStack, or Puppet
- Experience with Apache Karaf
- Experience with Spring framework
- Experienced with any JPA implementation
- Knowledge of user security measures like de-identification, masking, and scrubbing
Nice-to-Have Technical Skills:
- Basic .NET knowledge
- TIBCO knowledge
- Log management tools like ELK and Splunk
- Automic/UC4 knowledge
- API/XML Gateway knowledge
- Knowledge of application clustering / load balancing concepts and technologies
- Knowledge of J2EE security concepts like SOAP security, JAAS, and LDAP authentication
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix administration
- Knowledge of JVM tuning
- Knowledge of Identity & Access Management