Location: Brentwood, TN
Duration: 3+ Months
- We are looking for a Front-End Web Developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming.
- Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application, working alongside experienced developers, and gain further knowledge in the “art” of front-end coding.
- We will be invested in helping you gathering both a deep understanding of how a full stack works as well as being able to work with experienced front-end developers to grow both your skill set and knowledge base.
- You will work with a team of web developers and UI/UX designers to bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
- Developmental experience using HTML5, CSS3, HTML/CSS, AJAX, JSON
- Strong knowledge of Single Page Application and Responsive Web Design
- Exposure to modern Web UI Frameworks/Libraries with demonstrable understanding
- Experience in integrating with REST Services
- We are seeking a candidate that demonstrates a passion for keeping current with technical trends and has spent personal time researching and testing new user experiences, and can discuss at a high level how we could potentially incorporate these trends into our core products
- Web/UI/Front End design & development: 1+ years Code academy or College Degree, or strong personal repository of self-driven projects
- Basic knowledge of systems analysis, design, and project management techniques.
- Knowledge of UI Frameworks/Libraries such as Angularjs, Backbone, Razor, Etc
- Ability to work closely with technical leads and architects in the development of world-class enterprise applications
- Strong understanding of User Experience, Information Architecture, and Interactive Design concepts
- Knowledge of cross-browser design/development
- Understanding of CSS pre-processors (LESS and SASS, use of Variable, Mixins, Nesting) and flex/flexbox
- Cross-browser compatibility and testing expertise; able to identify which browsers support various HTML5/CSS3 features, comfortable debugging code in each browser’s Developer Tools
- Understanding of the basic issues with Accessibility standards (Section 508) for Federal web apps
- Experience creating and documenting Web UI coding standards/guidelines for design
- Meticulous attention to detail, self-starter, customer-focused, comfortable working on cross-functional teams, able to handle a highly complex project in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communications and teamwork skills
- Experience with C# is a plus