Location: Durham, NC
Duration: 12 Months
- Responsible for gathering and consolidating the future demand for all in scope services with a finger on the pulse of current and future business requirements.
- Define, lead, and manage the following processes with a focus on continual improvement: forecast & demand management, procurement process, and the service/work request process.
- With an enterprise view, lead the development of reporting for leadership on consolidated demand for initiated and Service Provider initiated needs.
- Forecasting and Demand process:
- Implementation of an efficient, effective enterprise-wide demand to service delivery model with the Service Provider/s and business users
- Maintain a holistic view of work intake, available resources, and Service Provider’s ability to meet demand
- Oversee the strategic, enterprise view of business demand and IT’s ability to supply (including via Service Providers)
- Coordinate prioritization and governance issues relating to business unit demand – to avoid duplication and ensure consistency of direction and approach
- Work with varied business units to understand demand, variances, unplanned needs and help with articulation and definition of requirements as required
- Understand and work effectively within the constraints (more demand than ability to meet, IT budgets, contractual terms – money, time, skills) so that finite resources are appropriately allocated.
- Focus on customer satisfaction in connection with ordering services
Service Request process:
- Implement and manage the Service Request process, including the Service Catalogue, authorized users, approval levels and the interface to the Service Provider
- Support authorized users in effectively using the Service Request process (tool & workflow)
- Coordinate the management and needed updates of the Service Catalogue in line with new requirements, new technologies, new standards, and outsourcing contract changes
- Manage a reporting system around service request aging and backlog, statistics on ADM, Network, HW & SW requests, flexible ad hoc reports etc.
- Manage and analyze the ticket backlog and initiate actions to reduce the overall backlog as well the average Service Request turnaround time.
- Facilitate meetings with IT Sourcing Governance and Operating Council and applicable stakeholders to gather information on upcoming business changes and support requirements
- Facilitate meetings with and solicit input from Enterprise Program Management and Service Provider to understand impacts of in-flight projects and status
- Provide expertise and insight on the development of trend and capacity plan with Vendor Performance Management and Service Provider
- Identify components affected by tax and regulation
- Develop and maintain a rolling 12 month forecast and demand plan with assistance from Enterprise Program Management and Service Provider
Business Demand Consolidation efforts:
- Coordinate the collection of data from Service Provider on current utilization and performance
- Implement and manage the Forecast & Demand process
- Support the business by collecting forecast data
- Implement and manage the related interface to the Service Provider(s)
- Manage and review forecasts related to the Service Provider reporting
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years direct experience in one or more of the following areas: Demand management, Vendor performance/service delivery management, IT related project or program management and/or Quality management
- If no degree, 7 years of experience as listed above is required.
- Direct experience with Service Request, Forecast & Demand Management and Procurement processes is necessary.
- Direct project management experience with larger and/or more complex projects.
- Solid experience successfully utilizing consultative, negotiation and influencing skills.
- IT specific experience is strongly preferred.
- Education focused on supply chain, information technology, procurement, or business management is preferred.
- Knowledge of the corporate business environment, service requirements and culture preferred.
- Solid coaching/mentoring skills to support and provide assistance to Demand Consultants.
- Demonstrated ability to assess customer/client needs, creatively approach solutions, decide, and influence appropriate courses of action
- Technical expertise needed to understand complex customer/client technical challenges and issues.
- Problem determination (experience in root cause analysis) and problem resolution skills
- Ability to analyze information, assess needs and design/implement process improvements to positively impact results.
- Ability to accomplish results through others, particularly by establishing relationships, effective controls, and monitoring processes
- Exceptional collaboration, relationship building and partnering skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate complex ideas in easy to understand business terms to senior leaders
- Strong process skills; an understanding of process costs, ability to work with Service Provider to ensure effective operations and agreed upon service levels
- Knowledge of contract terms relating to demand management and procurement of services
- Strong analytical abilities with proven skills in MS Office.