Location: St. Louis, MO
Duration: 6 Months
- Top Skill Sets: Certified Scrum Master, Data Warehousing, Data Management, Data Quality and Business Intelligence.
- Poor data quality and controls exist with our current source systems.
- Efforts to identify and resolve these issues are done in a very reactive fashion where redundant fixes are implemented downstream from the System of Record.
- Additionally, we have millions of dollars in revenue at risk due to data quality issues and we frequently have give-backs and fines due to issues which could have been prevented by better data quality monitoring and controls.
- Currently, data fixes are done redundantly downstream by many different application teams and business users
- Dozens of teams (both business and IT) spend a lot of time researching root cause, making coding changes to fix or implement work-arounds to make the data usable.
- Even so, most business users think the quality of our data is extremely poor but we do not have any way to measure that and develop a strategy to improve it over time.
Data Quality Dashboard (50% of cost/scope):
- Implement a Data Quality Framework and Dashboard to define, measure and manage the quality of data.
- Proactive data profiling (source and target) using Informatica DQ
- Publish metrics around the 6 dimensions of data quality
- Leverage data reconciliation created due to 1/1 issues
Data Quality Portal (25%):
- Provide transparency to existing DQ issues through a portal
- Show the size and impact of known data quality issues with ETAs for resolution
- Drive to root cause and permanent corrective action whenever possible
Automated Balance & Control (ABC) (25%):
- On-going monitoring for file sizes, file arrival times, etc. – dashboard to publish & trend
- Detect anomalies and surface them through alerts for further research
- Implement a consistent framework for ABC which will be implemented going forward for all EDAS jobs
- Manage multiple large and complex technical and business oriented projects for the Information Technology organization
- Establish client relationships, integrate requirement definition, plan projects, and direct resources ensuring corporate and IT project portfolio objectives are met
- Collaborate with senior leadership to ensure project portfolios follow company and strategic priorities
- Manages the project plans and schedules, ensuring successful completion within scope, budget, time, and quality parameters
- Manage, coordinate and direct company and vendor project resources in the implementation of designed project objectives, solutions and deliverables
- Develop, prepare and present project documentation, including project charter, project plans, status and other reporting documents in accordance with company standards.
- Integrate project plans from multiple sources to create a cohesive plan with identifiable critical path, task dependencies, and major milestones
- Develop business requirements into a project charter and scope document, and manage projects through the entire project life cycle ensuring systems meet design standards and guidelines and are sensitive to performance needs of the organization
- Partner with project sponsors and project teams to lead the definition of and evaluate client’s technical and business requirements and develop approaches and solution alternatives with the project teams and stakeholders.
- Mentor teams on best practices, process improvement and project management skills
Track and communicate with client, management and operating groups regarding project progress, status, risks, and issues. Lead resolution of issues and risks
- Direct successful implementation of large, complex technology and business oriented projects or programs that may be large sized, cross-functional, involving several sub-projects with dependencies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Services, Business or related field or relevant experience.
- 5+ years of business and/or technology related project management experience.
- Demonstrated experience in managing programs or complex projects involving multiple projects and oversight of multiple project managers.
- Experience with development and reporting of project costs, and project financial analysis.
- Working Knowledge of various system development lifecycle methodologies including Waterfall and Agile.
- Adept at using documentation tools including PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Visio and industry standard project management tools.
- Lean Six Sigma certified at various levels of expertise (Yellow, Green, Black or Master Black Belt) preferred. Project management certification in related industry preferred.