Location: San Jose, CA
Duration: 6+ Months
- Design and develop ETL/ELTL solutions using data warehouse design best practices and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Relational Database Modeling and Data Vault 2.0 modeling methodology
- Analyze business requirements and outline solutions; create data lineage maps.
- Analyze, understand and makes sense of complex source data, create data models, and determine the best methods for data staging ETL/ELTL into the data warehouse.
- Provide technical assistance in identifying, evaluating, and developing systems and procedures.
- Document all ETL or ELTL and other data warehouse processes and flows.
- Create or update technical documentation for transition to support teams.
- Develop automated data audit and validation processes.
- Develop and deploy ETL/ELTL job workflow with reliable error/exception handling and rollback.
- Manage foundational data administration tasks such as scheduling jobs, troubleshooting job errors, identifying issues with job windows, assisting with Database backups and performance tuning.
- Design, Develop, Test, Adapt ETL/ELTL code & jobs to accommodate changes in source data and new business requirements.
- Provide technical leadership in design, architecture, integration and support of the entire data sourcing platform with a focus on high availability, performance, scalability and maintenance.
- Manage automation of file processing as well as all ETL/ELTL processes within a job workflow.
- Develop, Contribute and adhere to the development of standards and sound procedural practices in compliance with healthcare regulations and HIPPA rules.
- Proactively communicate innovative ideas, solutions, and capabilities over and above specific task requests
- Effectively communicate status, workloads, offers to assist other areas.
- Collaboratively work with teams and independently. Continuously strive for high performing business solutions
- Participate in design review sessions and ensure all solutions are aligned to pre-defined architectural specifications.
- Participate and provide advice on business requirements gathering sessions with nontechnical stakeholders.
- Ensure data quality throughout entire ETL/ELTL process, including audits and feedback loops to sources of truth.
- 5+ years of previous experience supporting Data Vault 2.0 data warehouse implementations, preferably within the healthcare sector.
- 5+ years ETL development experience preferably using Microsoft SQL Server Data Tools/BIDS, with deep and thorough hands-on use of SSIS.
- 5+ years of experience in relational and data warehouse database design, optimization and performance; preferably with MS SQL Server.
- 5+ years of experience and expertise in ETL/ELTL and data warehouse concepts with Data Vault 2.0 methodology.
- Experience with multiple SDLC methodologies – Waterfall and Agile.
- Proven understanding of business requirements and the ability to interpret DW architecture and execute.
- Flexible team player within a healthcare multi-disciplinary team.