Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Duration: 6 Months
- Under minimal direction, the Advisory Data Warehouse Administrator participates in all phases of data warehouse and business intelligence solution design and development, including requirements gathering, database design and source to target mapping, ETL development, testing and documentation. He/she interacts with the development team and promotes the business value of the project from the requirements phase through deployment.
- Responsible for providing day-to-day operational support for the development, test and production
- This position interacts with the operational team and promotes business value to ensure high availability, reliability,
scalability, backup, recoverability and performance of the databases.
- Complies with all laws and regulations associated with duties and responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field. Four years related experience can be used in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum of eight years of experience in database administration.
- Experience with design using Massively Parallel Processing (MPP) platform in data marts and/or data warehouses preferred.
- Experience with Teradata platform preferred
- Workload management experience with Teradata database version 14 or higher is preferred.
- Must have an understanding of data modeling (conceptual, logical and physical schemas).
- Must have conceptual knowledge of data warehouse and ETL architectures, concepts and technologies.
- Participation in upgrading Teradata appliance (hardware and software) a plus.
- Familiarity with Microsoft SQL Server 2008 or higher and database technologies and structures preferred.
- Healthcare experience is a plus
- Collaborates with the Integration Architect and Sr. Integration Specialist to: l ensure that integration processes use the most efficient and optimal methods in loading and maintaining data for the DataIntegration and EDW databases while leveraging in house database tools, ensuring that physical database design follows best practices for the database platform.
analyzing and operationalizing ETL/Data Integration requirements.
- Utilizes such requirement plans to create integration
solutions supporting the application development efforts that provide systems and solutions.
- Responsible for performance tuning and analysis of table and query distribution management, aggregate join index and materialized views, providing guidance and recommendation concerning data distribution, indexing and summary table management.
- Responsible for supporting modelers and development teams in the execution and testing of DDLs, creating physical structures, applying indexing as appropriate.
- Collaborates with infrastructure staff to ensure smooth and reliable operation of Data warehouse platform and services for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
- Responsible for query distribution utilization analysis; workload management; performance monitoring; platform/database backups and recoverability.
- Participate in the design of the atomic, semantic and access layers.
- Understands and stays current on capabilities of the data warehouse platform and works to obtain optimal performance.
- Acts as advisor and overseer of the promotion of models and DDL into development, test, and production environments.
- Promotes best practices for data warehouse platform, scripting, performance tuning, data modeling, design, development, and
documentation based on corporate policies, industry best practices, and customer-based business requirements.
- Installing, configuring, upgrading, and maintaining all EDW database instances
- Administering authentication, object permissions, and auditing.
- Planning, controlling and monitoring storage for all EDW database instances.
- Maintaining source control of database objects.