Location: Durham, NC
Duration: 6+ Months
- 5+ years of experience in technology
- Development knowledge of IBM API Connect
- Testing Tool implementation with SOAPUI, CURL, Postman
- A good team member, able to guide/support colleagues and to take guidance where necessary.
In depth knowledge of the following technologies supported by the team:
- IBM Datapower appliance/virtual XI50/XI52
- IBM API Connect
- Good understanding of SOA Architecture and Micro-service Architecture
- Responsible for the analysis, development, installation, modification and support of complex software applications.
- May design software applications based on functional area assigned.
- Independently analyze complex business problems or opportunities and prepare detailed specifications and estimates from which objects will be written at the project level.
- Independently analyze application and system problems and incidents; develop recommendations and solutions for those problems, implement those solutions, and provide communications on the associated actions, business impacts, and results.
- Independently perform all necessary discovery and fact finding to fully understand and execute all assignments.
- Identify best practices, communicate and implement these practices to the department.
- Create and sustain business literacy and understanding of business processes in the IS organization.
- Independently code, debug, revise and document intricate objects or systems.
- May design systems based on functional area assigned.
- Implement the tested and approved objects in a manner which protects the integrity of all test and production environments.
- Adhere to all application standards, service level agreements, and processes (i.e., Walkthru and Approval processes, Program/System documentation, Status Reporting, Escalation, Change Management, Problem Management, Software Development Methodology, etc.), as well as participate in the development of these application standards and processes.
- Evaluate application software packages and make buy vs. build recommendations to management.
- Provide detailed application and code expertise to the development, testing, business teams.
- Provide direction and assistance to junior staff members.
- Independently provide effective communication to business and IS partners. This includes verbal, written, and electronic communication, as well as delivering presentations.
- Create effective unit test plans from the technical specifications as well as review junior staff members unit test plans for completeness/thoroughness.
Additional Critical Skills:
- Recent experience with IBM DataPower and API Connect
- Experience delivering SOA solutions using Java/Websphere.
- Experience with effective testing and troubleshooting solutions based on Java/Websphere and Datapower.
- Experience with at least one of the major Data Base systems: IMS, DB2, Oracle, SQL.
- Effective verbal or written communication skills
- Ability to do effective fact finding and develop fact-based conclusions.
- Process and logic oriented
- Strong time-management and organizational skills
- Ability to be self-disciplined, flexible and adaptable
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team, keep a team updated, and deliver on time