Location: Des Moines, IA
Duration: 12 Months
- This position will be working full-time on a large Enterprise Information Architecture program that requires an advanced Data Architect and data analysis skillset while also interacting with the department’s database support team.
- Data flow diagrams detailing the end-to-end processing of transactional data
- Conceptual, logical, and physical data models for each data domain
- A reporting platform for data analysis and predictive analytics
- Extensive experience in mapping data flows and new database development is required.
- In this position, you will be the face of all things data for this project.
- You will need to be able to see the big picture while also able to work though the details to implement the big picture.
- This will involve working with the ETL Team on database design and verification, data integrity validation, and interactions with external stakeholders and customers.
- The candidate will have experience working in a fast-paced environment, working on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- The project is currently transitioning to agile, so agile experience is a plus.
- Analyze data stored in a disparate set of systems to produce data requirements and provide architectural and decision support direction
- Use industry standards and/or best practices to complete data mapping and detailed data flows
- Lead the project team through the process of identifying inconsistencies in the data (e.g. duplicate data fields) and resolving accordingly
- Provide a consultative approach with business users, asking questions to understand the business need and deriving the data flow, logical, and physical data models based on those needs
- Be accountable for integrity and quality of data, ensuring the information meets customer needs
- Understand how the data interacts with the application code
- Ability to prioritize and manage concurrent projects, demonstrate initiative and work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to read, understand and create design documents
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job.
- They are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel assigned to this job.
- Experience working as a Data Architect – Required 10 yrs
- Extensive background in relational database systems, specifically with MS SQL Server – Required 5 years
- Experience using Transact SQL (T-SQL) to query, analyze and document relational databases – Required 5 years
- Experience in analyzing client operations, evaluating current systems, and reviewing objectives with clients – Required 5 yrs
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities – 10 yrs
- Experience writing technical documentation (excellent written and oral communication skills required) – Required 5 yrs
- Experience with iterative and/or Agile Scrum development methodologies – Required 2 yrs
- Experience in data warehouse design and dimensional modeling – Desired 2 yrs
- Experience with Microsoft PowerBI – Desired 2 yrs
- Experience with ETL scripting, specifically using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) – Desired 5 yrs