Location: San Francisco, CA
Duration: 6 Months
Job Function Summary:
- Participates in the development of forecasts, recommendations, and strategic / tactical plans based on business data and market knowledge.
- Works with business and / or clinical units to understand and prioritize data and information requirements.
- Optimizes the performance of enterprise business intelligence tools by defining data to filter and index that add value to the user.
- Researches new technology and develops business cases to support enterprise-wide business intelligence solutions.
- Applies skills and experience as a seasoned business analytics professional to projects of medium size at all levels of complexity, or to portions of large, multidimensional projects.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of relevant internal databases, BI applications and tools.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills to manage complex information, assess problems, and develop and effective solutions.
- Detail oriented, with ability to manage time and organize competing priorities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to convey complex information in a clear, concise manner.
- Ability to produce high-quality reports and documentation.
- Strong interpersonal skills for effective collaboration with a broad range of professional and technical staff.
- 3 years’ of experience in business intelligence or related area.
Nice to have:
- Thorough knowledge of business intelligence functions, analytics, industry standards and best practices
- Proven ability to serve as a technical resource providing advice and counsel on business intelligence issues
- Bachelor’s degree in quantitative social science, management information systems, or related area, and / or equivalent combination of experience / training
- Please provide 2-3 examples of problem solving for this position as described below (please be brief: 1-3 sentences for each example).