Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Duration: 3+ Months
- This position exists to be monitor, analyze and report on market trends, competitive intelligence and industry innovation to ensure leadership is positioned to make investments in the areas that maintain and expand our market leadership.
Nature and Scope:
- The primary responsibilities are to proactively research and monitor market trends both on the national and local healthcare landscape.
- To identify market influencers and inform business leadership and employees on the emerging landscape of healthcare.
- Lead research and insight to industry trends
- Monitor Leading Innovators and Market Innovations
- Track and Report on Competitive Movements
- Support relationships within the Innovation and Strategy Teams
- Support development of a formal Innovation process
- Develop Market Assessments
- Produce Geographic Assessments
- Partner with internal leadership on Divisional Business Plans
- Partner with internal leadership on project business cases
- Special Projects – Ad Hoc
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Healthcare, Finance, Marketing or related field is required.
- Comparable years’ relevant experience can be used in lieu of a degree.
- MBA is preferred.
- Health care experience preferred.
- Minimum three years professional experience in research, finance, strategic planning, business development, commercial banking, consulting, or marketing required.
- Experience should include minimum of 2-3 years with primary accountability in research and analytics.
- Ability to organize and present industry insight to multidiscipline teams which lead to lead to effective strategic discussions.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills supported by equally strong critical thinking skills required.
- Must have experience in interpreting and translating complex material into information meaningful to team members and/or business personnel.
- Must have exceptional interpersonal, oral and written communication skills and the ability to support Executive Management with the presentation of business cases and/or other investment analysis to Senior Management.
- Interfaces with functional business personnel and management frequently on topics ranging from simple to highly complex.
- Competently demonstrates presentation and facilitation skills when working with key stakeholders and management including executive management.
- Must be able to work proficiently in a fast-paced demanding environment.
- Consistently demonstrates highly organized personal and work skills.
- Strong computer skills in PowerPoint, Excel and Word are required.
- Proven ability of creative thinking and ability to identify opportunities and think both strategically and tactically.
- Work experience must demonstrate ability to be a self-starter.
- Must be able to collaborate and work effectively and maintain relationships with other business units and external vendors and consultants.
Accountabilities & Essential Functions:
- Environmental Assessments: Lead the research and analysis on market trends and innovations throughout the healthcare landscape.
- Annual Business Planning: Supports the Senior Management Team (SMT) and a cross-functional Enterprise Planning Committee in planning and prioritizing strategic initiatives and investments for annual budget.
- This work will also include providing environmental assessments to divisional leads to support short and long term planning efforts.
- Strategic Planning: Combines secondary research, market trends, company priorities, and new opportunities to help plan for future opportunities.
- Additionally, facilitates and drives timely and relevant decisions throughout the strategic planning process.
- Analytics: Supports annual and ad-hoc opportunity analyses by leading staff with accountability to develop of economic models; this work will include analyzing several types of data including financial, clinical, claims, and population / demographic data.
- Communications: Translates strategic opportunities into clear, coherent, and informative written communications.
- These communications will commonly be shared with SMT and the Board of Directors so must be “executive-ready” in its accuracy and quality of writing.
- Identifies new and innovative ways to communicate and engage with employees.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the accountabilities (essential functions) of the job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Job duties are performed in a normal and clean office environment with normal noise levels.
- Work is predominately done while standing or sitting.
- The ability to comprehend, document, calculate, visualize, and analyze are required.