Location: San Diego, CA
Duration: 3 Months
- This Coding position works in Patient Financial Services & addresses coding issues related to claims & billing.
- This position is responsible for the research & resolution of Correct Coding Initiative (CCI) claim errors & denials.
- The incumbent will research CCI & coding errors/denials & apply appropriate modifier or removes charges.
- Provides coding education in relationship to charging to clinical departments & PFS staff.
- Reports CCI error trends to PFS Leadership & Clinical Department leadership.
- Recommends coding changes to Revenue Cycle CDM team.
- The PFS Coder will assist department with resolution of other claim errors in claim error WQs as assigned.
- Must be knowledgeable of ICD9 (ICD10), CPT-4, HCPCs, & modifiers.
- Must understand & apply all regulations/laws/ & standards regarding coding to ensure appropriate & compliant billing.
- Must understand & apply knowledge of the current billing forms to include UB04 & HCFA 1500.
- Experience in a pediatric setting
- Experience in hospital acute care setting
- Experience working CCI edits
Nice to Have:
- Experience with Epic
- Associate’s Degree (Preferred)
- S. Diploma, GED, or Equivalent (Minimum)
- 1 Year of Experience (Minimum)
- 2 Years of Experience (Preferred)
Licenses and Certifications:
- Certified Professional Coder (Preferred)
- (Minimum) Knowledge of current billing forms to include UB04 and HCFA 1500.
- (Minimum) Certified Coder: CPC through American Association of Professional Coders or CCS/RHIT/RHIA through the American Health Information Association.