Location: New York, NY
Duration: 3 Months
- Epic Orders and or Cerner Certified lab Analyst must have previous Epic implementation experience.
- Epic Certification must be current or within prior release version.
- Individuals must have a strong background analyzing Lab requirements and should be well versed with the standard lab workflow from the operations standpoint.
- Need to have both the technical and operational knowledge to translate the requirements into an efficient build .Liaison with lab end users and other clinical stakeholders, creating BRDs Visio workflows, flowcharts, project schedules and other tasks such as leading validation sessions and build.
- The right candidate will need the personality to assume ownership of a project, create guidance where there isn’t any and influence the direction if it is not correct.
- Should also have strong background in understanding the interface nuances between the Cerner and the Epic.
- Strong written and spoken language skills are a must and a strong background in clinical healthcare technologies and processes is strongly preferred
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work in close conjunction with the lab operations and the clinical end users to build lab workflows and orders as per the facility requirements.
- Design and develop interface specifications along with the interface team to minimize errors and to confirm proper mapping of the tests between systems
- Develop documentation of test plans, technical documentation, release notes, end-user guides, training programs and/or other materials as necessary.
- Document operational and technical workflows in flowcharts and Visio for reference.
- Develop concise troubleshooting techniques to minimize the support calls and train the lab department on proper escalation process.
- Coordinate user groups and project teams, convening conference calls and meetings and maintaining minutes and follow-up logs
- Research industry standards and work with peer groups for advice recommendations; present results in written reports and convince business owners on best practice..
- Work collaboratively with other application analysts to develop integrated workflow and tests as needed.
- Communicate technical design issues to non-technical people.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a fast moving team.
- Work within timeline and resource constraints provided by the Project Manager.
- Provide ongoing communication with users, and business owners, to ensure that all support tickets are triaged and escalated to the experts in time.
- Experience with Ensemble and HL7 interfaces is desired
- Experienced working in a Project Management Office (PMO) with cross-functional teams is a plus.
- Performs other duties as assigned/required.
Qualifications / Required Skill:
- Completed multiple go-lives, and at least one from (near) inception to completion
- Experience with an Epic implementation at a multi-hospital system, and/or a major academic medical center that have used a separate LIS system other than Epic
- A Baccalaureate Degree from an accredited college or university in computer science, Information systems, business administration or equivalent experience or education is required.
- At least 3 years of clinical healthcare systems experience.
- At least 3 years of experience as a lab analyst or Lab interface analyst is desirable
- Experience documenting system architecture design and clinical system workflow.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Must be well organized, detail oriented, highly analytical, possess strong problem solving skills and must have a desire to be accountable for project success.
- Need to be able to triage and troubleshoot issues at a fast pace and understand the patient safety factor.
- Good analytical skills in working with lab interfaces is required.
- Flexibility to work on call nights and weekends on rotation.
Epic/Cerner/LIS/Lab Analyst Specific Qualifications / Experience:
- Epic Inpatient Orders, EpicCare Ambulatory, or Order Transmittal certification required
- Cerner lab Certification or equivalent work experience with Cerner required
- Lab Analyst experience required.
- Bridges or other interface experience preferred