Location: San Francisco, CA
Duration: 3 Months
- Involves the design, building, testing, and implementation of clinical application systems.
- Provides support to clinical users through knowledge of clinical processes, documentation needs, workflows, and clinical practice standards, when adapting software to meet their needs.
- Works with clinicians to create or adapt written protocols. Prepares detailed specs encompassing clinical processes, information flow, risk and impact analysis.
- May provide customer service, troubleshooting, and maintenance.
- Custom Scope (customizable, will be used in the job posting/advertisement): The APeX Clinical Applications Professional III functions as the primary support contact and expert for the application.
- They work under the direction of the Team Lead and/or Manager to configure, build & install the application.
- They coordinate all issues that arise during the project for their application area.
- Key operational activities include primary responsibility to analyze work flows and understand policies.
- In depth and precise investigation and documentation of operational specifications and application functionality is required.
- Key technical activities include the analysis of new releases to determine how workflow should be modified, building and populating databases and tables during initial system configuration, conducting system testing and conversion data validation.
- The application analyst develops and documents internal procedures and establishes change control processes for the application.
- The APeX Application Analyst also develops user training aids and trains end users in workflow and use of the application.
- They functions as the primary contact to diagnose problems and questions from endusers during training, go-live, stabilization and on-going support (7×24).
- Successful candidates are skilled communicators who made decisions independently and in collaboration with others up and down the project structure.
- Attention to detail is a critical skill for this position.
- Successful candidates enjoy helping other user to learn and adopt to use of the application.
- The APeX Application Analyst/Clinical Documentation must be certified or achieve certification (within 6 months of hire) and support one or more of the following Epic applications: Radiant
Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs):
- Required: Broad and / or in-depth knowledge of 1-2 areas of focus in clinical applications specialty area(s). Knowledge of systems and functions, including design, development, implementation, user support and training, maintenance, quality assurance, and system testing and evaluation.
- Required: Strong problem-resolution skills, with the ability to quickly diagnose problems, and develop, test, and implement appropriate and effective solutions in a timely manner.
- Required: Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively, train, support, and work collaboratively with users of clinical information systems at all professional and technical levels.
- Required: Detail oriented, with proven organizational skills and the ability to effectively manage time, prioritize tasks, and see projects through to completion on deadline.
- Required: Strong written and verbal communications skills, with the ability to convey technical information and instructions to all levels of clinical applications users in a specific, clear, and concise manner.
- Required: Strong analytical skills and knowledge in documentation and reporting, with the ability to design and execute tests, analyze system performance data, and produce substantive reports and analyses.
- Preferred: Ability to work with senior staff and managers, serving as a technical resource and providing advice and counsel on issues of functionality, efficiency, cost-effectiveness, policy, and performance.
- Required: Available for 7 x 24 application support
Education, Licenses and Certifications:
- Required: Bachelor’s degree in health care information technology, computer science, or related area, and / or equivalent combination of experience / training.
- Required: 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Preferred: Academic Medical Center experience
- Required: As a condition of continued employment, Epic certification in Radiant must be obtained within 6 months of hire