Location: Raleigh, NC
- The Licensed Clinical Analyst/Informaticist will ensure adherence to established standards and may consult with managers and other stakeholders on technology Implementations and Support.
- This role supports existing Applications (Meditech with higher amount of time) and may be responsible for leading technical aspects of a project.
- The Licensed Clinical Analyst/Informaticist will consult with Supervisors, Project Managers and colleagues early in the requirements definitions phase to determine functional specifications.
- The Licensed Clinical Analyst/Informaticist will also provide information to ensure that all parties have a complete understanding of the application and resolve questions of System content, data input and data output requirements.
- The Application Specialist Implement interfaces between applications components and diagrams detailed workflow charts to illustrate the sequence of steps that the program must follow.
- The Licensed Clinical Analyst/Informaticist will have a vast understanding of Clinical Workflow.
- The Clinical Analyst will use the Clinical Workflow knowledge to implement the system to ensure end Users (Clinicians -MD, PA, NP RN etc.) efficiency is not compromised.
- The position requires interaction with end users (Physicians, Radiologists, Nurses, and other Hospital Departments) and third party vendors.
- The Clinical Analyst must develop relationships (Develop Consensus) and communication channels to ensure status feedback and cooperation among these groups and will ensure that all services are performed professionally from start to finish, delivering complete customer satisfaction.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or equivalent discipline is desired, but not required.
- Equivalent experience and knowledge is completely acceptable in lieu of a degree.
- Licensure as Registered Nurse, Sonographer, Respiratory, PA or NP is highly desired.
- Minimum 2 years experience in healthcare or area applicable area of concentration.
Special Qualifications and Job Knowledge:
- Firm knowledge of information systems and system analysis.
- Analysts must have experience with report writing tools and methodologies.
- Analysts must demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Analysts must have experience with project management tools and methodologies.
- Analysts must be able to think creatively with the ability to think independently or in groups.
- Analysts must have basic troubleshoot ability.
- Analysts should expect to work in a high pressure environment and have the ability to multitask various issues simultaneously.
- The Clinical Analyst will be expected to lead groups to map workflows.
- The Clinical Analyst is expected to bring value to the team.
- The individual will be very passionate about their job and always explore opportunities.
Primary Job Duties:
- Leads projects working closely with other department leaders and staff to ensure successful implementations and continued compliance to hospital objectives.
- Train endusers (Physicians, Residents, Students, Nursing) of new and existing technology on how it will improve their ability to care for patients.
- Tracking the success of quality initiatives
- Generating and Analyzing clinical statistics
- Optimizing system performance
- Writing policies
- Ability to Learn and write reports using proprietary tools and SQL
- Troubleshoot and repair modules under their domain of expertise.
- Insure needs are properly evaluated for implementation plans developed by staff.
- Knowledgeable of their particular area of expertise.
- Assess the implications of operations and processes of patient care delivery when assisting in resolution of departmental issues.
- Lead and fully participate in development, building and testing of the application functions.
- Must have experience in full life cycle System development projects.
- Must have completed work on a major application effort that involved the entire Implementation cycle from start to finish.
- Assist in live conversion plans for new and upgraded systems ensuring that associated processes and workflow of the clinical staff are identified, documented and disseminated in the organization.
- Provide communication to impacted departments regarding system Go Lives, upgrades, screen changes, downtime instructions, process changes and education.
- Provide departmental support during each phase of implementation.
- Effectively demonstrates the mission, vision, and values of the medical center on a daily basis.
- Demonstrates the Standards of Performance for Ownership, Communication, Compassion and Teamwork
- Communicates effectively in order to provide optimal support of systems to promote a professional climate throughout the Medical Center.
- Performs other duties as assigned with a teamwork attitude.
- Must have ability to work independently on projects or lead part of a team on larger, complex projects.
- Must be comfortable with learning new Computer Technology and new skill sets and applying them to develop new and better programs and utilities.
- Understand Clinical Workflow
- Serve as an important bridge between clinical staff and technical advancement