Location: Providence, RI
Duration: 3+ Months, Contract to Hire
Top Skill Set:
- Cerner Core experience is required
- The Clinical Analyst is the primary application support and contact for specific Clinical Systems as assigned.
- The incumbent will work closely with other analysts, business contacts, vendors, and stakeholders to coordinate changes in system configuration, workflow design and improve data quality.
Specifications / Key Components:
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in a clinical or computer related field, with two to four years of clinical experience and/or IT setting in a health care environment.
- Demonstrate proficiency in project coordination skills
- Demonstrate proficiency in workflow development
- Collaborate and build relationships across team
- Work with key stakeholders to plan, build and test system configurations with minimal guidance
- Demonstrate intermediate technical competency where applicable
- Comfortable with a structured query language and Microsoft platforms and Office productivity tools
- Document all design, build, testing activities following defined templates
- Participate in managing projects/initiatives with some supervision
- Decision making that frequently impacts entire work group and occasionally entire project/team
- Provide input and assist with implementation of standards/policies and procedures to support departmental objectives
- Excellent written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal skills required
- Consistently demonstrate a positive, proactive and self-directed approach
- Flexibility to allow for a quick and positive response to shifting demands
- Knowledge of healthcare terminology strongly preferred
- Major Clinical Systems supported by the Analyst include, but are not limited to: Epic Ambulatory EHR, Cerner Millennium applications: SurgiNet, FirstNet, PowerNote / Dynamic Documentation, CPOE, PathNet, RadNet, PharmNet, and Core, McKesson Pacs, McKesson Horizon Home Care.
- Must be strong with Cerner
Application of Knowledge and Skill:
- Understand and assist ambulatory and/or inpatient based users with formal definition of application requirements, specifications, and workflows to best meet organizational needs
- Analyze operations as they relate to application build decisions, potential system enhancements, and new releases
- Perform in-depth analysis of workflows, data collection, report details, and other technical issues associated with software
- In unison with users, test and install the capabilities and functionality of new (releases) and existing application software where and when appropriate for the benefit of the organization
- Develops customized software, reports, queries, downloads as needed to meet users’ business needs.
- Working with other Analysts to coordinate software updates and changes following established change control processes and procedures
- Troubleshoot issues and effectively manage through to resolution
- Serves as liaison between the IS department and the end user community, being the key contact for assigned departments
- Works with Application Trainers and participates in end user training events when required
- Administers, monitors and maintains a high degree of system and application security and patient privacy.
- Prepares written documentation, including operational, workflows, technical and user information to use in conjunction with the applications.
- Develops an understanding of other applications to the degree of system and application security and patient privacy.
- Coordinates projects as assigned.
- Assists in the professional development of other IS staff
- Performs other duties as assigned
Planning, Productivity and Decision Making:
- Effectively prioritizes own work in order to complete job responsibilities.
- Displays ability to adjust priorities based upon understanding of policies and procedures.
- Completes job responsibilities within required timeframe, according to established schedules or workflow requirements.
- Displays an ability to evaluate areas in need of improvement and provides input in order to improve current methods, services, programs or technology.
- Reviews and assesses information before making decisions and solving problems.
- Uses proper judgment and knowledge of established practices and procedures when addressing problems or issues.
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers, gaining their trust and respect.
- Anticipates customer needs and proactively addresses them.
- Understands the customer’s business and the importance to the organizations mission.
- Is dedicated to meeting and exceeding the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Follows the established procedures and effectively uses tools to provide high level support to customers.