Location: Chattanooga, TN
Duration: 3+ Months
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field or equivalent years if experience is required.
- Equivalent years of experience are determined as one year of technical experience for every year of college requested.
- 2 – 5 years experience in Information Technology and systems analysis.
- Experience in leading requirements development efforts required
- Experience in the health insurance industry preferred.
- Proficient knowledge of information technology concepts, application development methodology, terminology, and standards to actively conduct and/or engage in hardware and software related discussions relative to all assigned projects.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and translate technical and/or or complex concepts into information meaningful to project team members and/or business personnel.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, organize and prioritize multiple projects and associated resources.
- Experience with operational analysis, design and understanding of integrated, interdependent and interfaced systems and their impacts on each other.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in technical and non-technical forums.
- Demonstrated negotiation, presentation and facilitation skills
- Working knowledge of Agile, Scrum
- Familiarity with creation of user stories and acceptance criteria
- Ability to work as a Agile product owner
- Provides direction in assessing impact of change, defining business rules, and implementing solutions across a broad range of functional boundaries.
- Competent to work at the highest technical level of most phases of systems analysis while considering the business implications of the application of technology to the current and future business environment.
- Leads requirements analysis and verification, ensuring that requirement statements are complete, consistent, traceable, feasible, and verifiable.
- Ensures that requirements specifications are captured in standard templates and are written using natural language in clear, unambiguous, and concise terms.
- Defines quality attributes, external interfaces, constraints, and other nonfunctional requirements.
- Manages changing requirements by communicating with project sponsor and project team members on impact of change and alerts project managers and project teams of potential risks and issues of importance.
- Collaborates with the technical and SQA teams to ensure that the results of the project fully satisfy the needs embodied in the requirements.
- Anticipates and identifies customer needs and matches products and services to facilitate the fulfillment of those needs.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with business and I/S partners.
- Identifies and initiates opportunities to support business activities
- Proactively identifies opportunities for improvement in requirements gathering, documentation, and translation.
- Understands application development methodologies and applies knowledge to business interactions
- May serve one or more project team roles, such as project lead, business systems analyst lead, or technical lead, for small to medium efforts or manage phases of medium to large efforts
- May coordinate the work assignments and verify the results of other business systems analysis or applications analysis and programming personnel
- Guides and advises less experienced business systems analysts.
- Provides services to multiple concurrent project, project teams or management.