Location: Durham, NC
Duration: 12 Months
- The Business Systems Analyst handles functions related to managing the day-to-day execution of data for their domain systems support area.
- Through their area knowledge (application/system), the incumbent provides subject matter expertise to define and validate requirements, business functional design, and technical design for medium business issues within their domain areas.
- In addition, the Business Systems Analyst is looked to support quality assurance, testing, software upgrades, and problem resolution.
- This position works directly with IS or the software vendor to address business issues within their domain area.
- Responsible for discerning business needs, developing requirements and business functional designs to solve the most complex enterprise-wide business problems through enabling technology and/or business process that impact multiple business units, lines of business, processes, and/or multi-project portfolio.
- Requires the facilitation of work sessions, documentation of requirements, development of requisite specifications, and definition/management of scope as input to technical/process design – and finding synergies across concurrent project activity.
- May assist business area in performing enterprise analysis as input to business case and opportunity selection process.
- The ultimate outcome is to ensure the quality, cost effectiveness, and timeliness of key business services and regulatory requirements or mandates – that are approached as a holistic, integrate enterprise solution.
- This position works directly with technology partners to translate relevant enterprise business functional design into technical solutions, serving as a liaison between business partners and technology partners, and includes roles of leadership.
- Prior healthcare experience is a must.
- Power MHS experience is a plus.
In addition to the Senior Business Analyst responsibilities, the Enterprise Business Analyst performs the following:
- Facilitate and influence construction of specific complex solutions through scoping documents, risk assessments, and corresponding financial requirements to balance ROI.
- Facilitate the elicitation of business requirements as needed to ensure that requirements are documented and that applicable business processes are reviewed, analyzed, and developed.
- Conduct business analysis to validate designs and prioritize requirements through utilization of observation techniques and process analysis tools.
- Create and document the design of business solutions to meet the needs of the business and ensure end-to-end traceability through appropriate artifacts.
- Maintain and utilize detailed analysis and process design knowledge in the construction of solutions, which require working level knowledge of the processes, technologies, and people components.
- Serve as a trusted expert advisor or a Subject Matter Expert for analysis and process design services, which may range from informal advice and training to formal presentations.
- Provide consultancy and advice to business partners on the applicability and usability of alternative technology-enabled and/or process-enabled solutions to help address the business problem/issue.
- Review documents and models produced by Business Analysts and peers to ensure quality of the product.
- Support program and portfolio management goals through assessment of business solutions for decomposition of projects into multiple production releases to meet business owner needs.
- Participate in the development of and support a defined scope and implementation strategy, including definition of success criterion, project objectives, and implementation plans.
- Advocate for and follow appropriate enterprise-wide standards for analysis, process documentation, and reviews.
- Maintain knowledge of industry-aligned practices for requirements definition and management; use knowledge and subject matter expertise to coach and mentor as required.
- Interpret and translate impacts, risks, and gaps across technical and non-technical audiences, using audience appropriate artifacts, to ensure a holistic understanding of business and user requirements.
- Communicate effectively with individuals and groups of all levels, from individual contributors to executive leadership; through written and verbal presentations, facilitation and resolution of outstanding issues, and appropriate recommendations.
- Lead analysis to define, analyze, and develop enterprise solutions to resolve business impacts.
Good to Have Skills:
- Demonstrated facilitation skills that include workgroup leadership, problem resolution across multiple groups, etc.
- Practice leadership and role model for maturation process
- Demonstrated ability to inspire trust and perform duties in a neutral professional manner
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate leadership alignment and escalate issues professionally keeping the enterprise objectives in the forefront
- Demonstrated analysis, requirements elicitation, data collection, and reporting skills
- Technical and general IS knowledge