Location: Durham, NC
Duration: 6 Months, Contract to Hire
- Creates technical solutions to address moderately complex business capability needs by utilizing at least one technical application; including but not limited to: Business Objects, Access, Crystal Reports, SQL, VBA, etc.
- Acts as the technical lead for development initiatives, including communication and coordination with the impacted business areas.
- Works with appropriate business management in evaluating the business case and cost justification.
- RevieCw and analyze business requirements (or uses cases) to create a technical solution residing outside of the normal Information Services production environment.
- Identify and implement automation tools to eliminate manual processes and improve existing systems.
- Utilize technical solutions for the creation of business enabling tools, error handling management and productivity improvements while adhering to technical specifications, industry developmental standards and service level agreements (SLA’s).
- Independently test and debug code; participate in the testing of other Business Solutions Developers’ projects as needed.
- Act as departmental business coordinator on small to medium and/or moderately complex projects
- Provide consultative support to team members or business partners across business areas.
- Effectively interview business partners with a focus on fact finding and discovery to ascertain requirements, document as is and to be process and develop metrics and success criteria.
- Document and track project plan for work deliverables.
- Work with business partner to ensure project moves forward according to plan
- Effectively communicate development and production issues to the project team and/or the manager in a timely manner.
- Develop and manage implementation plans with Business area
- Create training materials, support documentation, including user guides and train end users in the use of tools.
- Post Implementation; provide support during warranty period, problem resolution including root cause analysis and tool performance trending to ensure efficiency for day-to-day business use. Provide system administration and coordination oversight as needed.
- Communicate actions, business impacts and expected results in a meaningful format and at the appropriate level.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 years of experience with at least one development tool like Business Objects, Crystal, Access VBA, etc.
- If no degree, 5 years as a technician utilizing multiple development tools/languages will be considered.
- Ability to write or prepare support documentation for users (such as training or user’s guides, and process flows)
- Capable of providing direction to team members or to partners across business areas with guidance
- Experience managing concurrent multiple assignments
- Proven ability to work independently, as well as to work effectively as part of a team
- Process and logic oriented
- Commitment to excellent customer service and customer focus
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and properly set priorities based on business need and sense of urgency
- Very good verbal and written communication skills
- Very good PC skills (e.g., Word, Excel)
- Very good time management skills; basic skills in project management/planning
- Provide project status updates per agreed upon schedule
- Very good research, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to present findings in a manner that the end user understands
- Ability to use automated tools to perform detailed analysis and reporting.
Must Have Requirements:
- Base SAS (e.g., Proc SQL, Macros, import/export)
Good to Have, But Not Required Skills:
- SQL, Business Objects and Access