Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Duration: 6 Months
- The Business Intelligence Specialist will design, develop and maintain enterprise business intelligence (BI) dashboards and reports to help drive business process and decisions.
- Coordinates and supports production deployments of BI visualization reporting solutions.
- Assists with the facilitation of end-user testing and client support in providing post-implementation support and maintenance and leverage industry BI best practices and methods.
- Writes documentation to support the implementation of best practices and guidance, ensure team documentation is up-to-date in regards to other items such as BI object inventory, test results and requirements.
- Responsible for development of BI code and design documentation related to dashboards and reports delivered via web portal and desktop tools.
- Work defect issues through resolution and provide validation of usability by end users and/or business owners.
- Provide a point of escalation for the identification, correction and documentation for BI issues raised from BI technical support staff.
- Accountable for complying with all laws and regulations associated with duties and responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field is required.
- Four years of related experience can be used in lieu of a degree.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years professional business intelligence analysis experience to develop an understanding of reporting and analytics.
- Strong analytical skills to support independent and effective decisions.
- Experience with Visual Analytic tools required.
- Knowledge of Enterprise Reporting tools such as SSRS required.
- Experience with Microsoft’s BI tools and platforms required.
- Working knowledge of data modeling, structures and warehousing concepts.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work with multiple priorities, sometimes under limited time constraints.
- Works with BI Architect and/or Principal BI Specialist to design and produce standard and ad-hoc reports, dashboards, cubes, and various data visualization reporting solutions for end-users.
- Validate and test reports to ensure accuracy and quality.
- Use reporting tools, applications, and/or queries to create and configure new reports and dashboards.
- Perform modifications and enhancements on existing reports based on evolving business requirements.
- Provide support and training to end-users for reporting tools and reports.
- Gather and document report requirements and write report specifications to meet business needs.
- Conduct unit testing and create test cases.
- Understands Departmental Goals and Objectives and delivers work products to contribute to those goals.
- Collaborates with BI Architect and EIM team on reporting requirements and deliverables.
- Collaborates with BI Technical Support Specialists and/or Principal BI Specialist to address production support issues.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the accountabilities (essential functions) of the job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Job duties are performed in a normal and clean office environment with normal noise levels.
- Work is predominately done while sitting or standing.
- Physical effort is required to lift, hold, and carry objects up to 15 pounds, occasionally.
- Job duties entail using multiple body parts in a coordinated manner.
- Manual/Finger dexterity in both hands is needed to operate a keyboard and manipulate small objects.
- Sight, hearing, the ability to distinguish colors, and touching are required sensory abilities.
- The ability to read, write, are very important, as is the ability to calculate, visualize, and analyze, all are required.