Location: Durham, NC
Duration: 6 Months
- Responsible for leading the strategic design and maintenance of business intelligence applications.
- Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems.
- Ensures that the use of business intelligence applications enhances business decision making capabilities.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in area of specialty and 5 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Leads and directs the work of others.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Typically reports to the head of a unit/department.
- Creates technical solutions to address moderately complex business capability needs by utilizing at least one technical application; including but not limited to: Microsoft Reporting Services, SSRS, Microsoft Power BI, Tableau, OData, SQL Server, SQL Transact Query, Visual Studio, etc.
- Strong Business Intelligence skills, develop business insights and actionable insights by utilizing different tools, but not limited to, like Power BI or Tableau.
- Experience in machine learning, predicable and pre-scriptable data modeling, and R-scripting
- Experience in Microsoft Analysis Services (cube development)
- Strong skill in SQL development is required
- Acts as the technical lead for development initiatives, including communication and coordination with the impacted business areas.
- Works with appropriate business management in evaluating the business case and cost justification.
- Review and analyze business requirements (or uses cases) to create a technical solution residing outside of the normal Information Services production environment.
- Identify and implement automation tools to eliminate manual processes and improve existing systems. Utilize technical solutions for the creation of business enabling tools, error handling management and productivity improvements while adhering to technical specifications, industry developmental standards and service level agreements (SLA’s).
- Independently test and debug code; participate in the testing of other Business Solutions Developers’ projects as needed.
- Budget to not exceed bill rate
- Productivity Software
- Microsoft Excel/Office/PowerPoint/Word
- Visual Studio