Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Duration: 6+ Months
- To assist assigned clients with development of initial and/or final business case proposals for submission to the appropriate review and approval authority.
- Proposal development includes the project scope definition, objectives, and estimated resource requirements, costs and benefits and timelines.
- Assist business owners in development and documentation of business requirements, functional specifications and test cases during project implementation.
- The Business Analyst monitors and assists with skill development of project analysts assigned to support his/her project related assignments.
Nature and Scope:
- Primary responsibilities include developing general and company specific business acumen and facilitating client’s development of preliminary and final business case proposals for moderate to large company projects.
- Secondary responsibilities include planning and managing all phases of small to moderate size projects using adopted project management processes and procedures to meet organizational and/or departmental goals and project specific time and quality goals.
- This position reports to Manager, IT Support (Program Director).
- BS degree in Business, Computer Science or related field.
- One to two years’ experience in planning and implementing small projects including developing scope, goals, work plans, timelines, implementation strategies and measurement processes for assessing progress toward goals and project outcomes.
- Two years’ experience supporting information gathering and business case documentation development for proposed organization projects.
- Ability to translate business requirements into meaningful business cases that helps management make an informed evaluation of a specific project’s risk/benefit value.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with the ability to support the Business Owner with presentation of business cases and project related matters to Senior Management
- Able to organize, lead and motivate assigned project personnel and facilitate an effective team-oriented work environment.
- Competently demonstrates presentation and facilitation skills working with key stakeholders and management including executive management.
- Skilled at research and fact finding in combination with a fundamental understanding of general business processes and organizational operations.
- Proficient analytical and basic problem solving skills complimented by good critical thinking skills
- Experience in interpreting and translating technical and/or or complex material into information meaningful to the business personnel.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Visio and MS Project.
- Must be able to competently manage multiple project related assignments concurrently and effectively.
- Able to work proficiently with small to moderate sized projects in a fast-paced demanding environment.
- Works closely with clients to identify business needs (requirements) and the costs and benefits of implementing a proposed solution, as a project, in order to produce an accurate business case for the project
- Collaborates with business owners and subject matter experts to develop an understanding of business processes and functions to aide in completing the standard project business case related to a proposed project, analyzing business requirements and identifying potential business solutions; completes appropriate documentation of business case, requirements and solutions.
- Performs project feasibility analysis, scopes project and helps client identify alternative solutions; assist with the development of financial worksheets related to project costs and benefits o Works with clients to develop business process flows and to obtain a clear understanding of their business models in order to identify potential process improvements and efficiencies
- Ensures adherence to project and program processes and life-cycles to ensure business and functional requirements are understood, agreed to, documented and can be traced to measurable project success criteria.
- Ability to analyze business information and process flows, gather requirements and translate to Technical specifications required for application programming and test strategy development.
- Assists Project Manager in preparing an appropriate transition plan for projects prior to implementation; assists with development and review of appropriate production documentation such as policies and procedures.
- Works with clients and IT Quality Assurance to develop a test plan that can be executed via test scenarios and test cases to ensure expected functionality, features, as well as traceability among business requirements, technical specifications and testing are validated before releasing application for User Acceptance Testing.
- Identify the functionality and features that should be tested and create test scenarios that validate performance of the scenarios in the new application.
- Develop a test script that describes the details of the test scenarios o Identify resources and functional areas that will be needed to perform testing.
- Escalates appropriate issues or problems to the project manager or Project Management Office Manager, as appropriate, for discussion and evaluation
- Maintain professional demeanor with team members, business owners and fellow staff; provide confidentiality for discussions regarding projects, position and salary information and other matters that may be discussed in meetings
- Consistently demonstrates a high level of quality results and maintains expected productivity objectives.
- Accountable for complying with all laws and regulations