Location: Durham, NC
Duration: 6 Months
Job Description Summary:
- Conduct assessments / ongoing audits and provide remediation recommendations and support to ensure our external-facing web pages and applications are compliant with all required government standards.
- In addition, this position will be responsible for updating our web accessibility processes and educating others on how to implement and test web pages and applications for Section 508 / WCAG compliance.
- This position will also design test processes and procedures used to ensure that software operates within defined requirements.
- Implement test plans, automation, and validation strategies.
- Identify and investigate issues found during testing.
- Work closely with software developers and software quality analysts to resolve issues.
- Develop and maintain automated test scripts to reduce repetitive manual testing.
- Career-Level position within field.
- Requires experience and proficiency in discipline.
- Conducts complex work important to the organization.
- Works with minimal supervision with wide latitude for independent judgment.
- Typically requires six to nine years of experience or equivalent education.
- Develop and document internal processes for web design, development, and testing to ensure compliance with Section 508 requirements and Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG)
- Conduct in-depth Section 508/WCAG compliance assessments via manual reviews and using automated test tools and assistive technologies
- Compile reports concerning failures in Section 508/WCAG compliance and ways to remediate
- Review Section 508/WCAG compliance defects with developers and discuss possible resolutions
- Monitor resolution of Section 508/WCAG compliance violations
- Provide expert advice to other teams testing web pages and applications for Section 508/WCAG compliance
- Assist project teams with understanding how Section 508 and accessibility activities fit within the project life cycle
- Partner with project leads and requirements analysts to help them appropriately document and deliver against requirements for Section 508/WCAG compliance
- Stay up-to-date on the latest Section 508/WCAG testing and automated tool information
- Provide consultative support across the company for Section 508/WCAG compliance information
- Web accessibility experience
- Experience working with mobile apps
- Experience working with the Agile delivery process
- Business/User acceptance testing experience.
- This role will need to be someone that can perform web accessibility audits and testing; and can also perform business acceptance testing for our transparency tools
Good to Have Requirements:
- Automated testing experience (writing and running), pdf remediation experience