Location: Los Angeles, CA
Duration: 6 Months
- As an IT Audit Project Manager, you will be responsible for performing various and diverse operational and financial integrated audits, reviews and special projects.
- Leads the field execution of diverse audits, reviews, and special projects. Drives the audit planning process by identifying key risks and assessment of project scope alternatives to identify an appropriate testing approach.
- Plan and perform reviews of IT general and application controls. This includes supporting integrated audits and system implementation reviews.
- Provide IT technical audit services and consulting relative to IT internal control practices for PC-Client, web and legacy applications in distributed network and multi-platform environments (e.g. mainframe and server-based operating systems, database management, and data and telecommunications network technologies).
- Leads the planning, scheduling, and field supervision of assigned audit projects.
- Ensures projects are moving forward by working effectively with client and IAS management.
- Efficiently and effectively leads the audit team to successful project completion.
- Identifies, suggests, and helps implement new/improved audit approaches, tools, and techniques.
- Ensures that all work papers prepared as part of the audit engagement include sufficient evidence to support audit conclusions, and meet IIA Standards/IAS policies.
- Professionally communicates scope, purpose, and conclusions both verbally and in writing.
- Actively coach staff and deliver feedback throughout the audit engagement.
- Support development of the assigned practice area by actively contributing perspective to the team’s priorities and risk assessments, identifying areas where further research and development would be value-added, creating audit tools, establishing client relationships, and identifying and sharing relevant information.
- Minimum five (5) years of auditing or comparable experience required; to include increasing levels of internal project management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance, information systems or related field, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Possession of one of the following certifications:
- CIA; CPA; CISA, however relevant business experience may serve as an equivalent at CAE’s discretion.
What are the 3-4 non-negotiable requirements on this position? Demonstrated knowledge of IT internal control and security practices. Demonstrated ability to plan, supervise and perform integrated audits and data analysis, and effectively utilize general audit software such as ACL, AutoAudit, etc. Demonstrated ability to build and lead a cohesive audit team, and “mentor” audit staff. Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with “middle” management.
What are the nice-to-have skills? Big 4 CPA More than two years of IT Audit experience. Strong experience with large complex organizations. Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), or Certified Information System Auditor (CISA) .