Location: Durham, NC
Duration: 6 Months
- Responsible for overseeing the life cycle planning of corporate assets through asset selection, operation, refresh, migration, optimization, retirement and disposal; including building, technology, software, furniture, fixtures and/or equipment assets.
- Design, develop and execute methodologies and initiatives for asset life cycle management in line with best practice, market research and operating data analysis as part of a cycle of continuous improvement that maximizes the value of each asset.
- Optimize the cost, risk and value of assets throughout the life cycle through the analysis of data including: utilization, maintenance support and best practices.
- Evaluate, select and implement Asset Management tools providing a unified view of all software and hardware assets, license entitlements and application usage metrics.
- Design, develop and generate Asset Management metrics and reports to analyze, communicate and monitor compliance, liability, risk and financial data.
- Assess the age and condition of all assets with a view to optimizing their refresh or replacement to minimize risk and cost, while maximizing business value.
- Engage with Finance and Procurement to review and validate annual asset support and maintenance budgets and asset-related detail in business cases and project budgets.
- Develop a disposition plan for each asset and assist in the positioning of assets for sale, decommissioning or disposal, including asset lease termination.
Experience and preferences:
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of experience in roles responsible for asset management, contracts, procurement, finance or other related functions
- If no degree, 7 years of experience as stated above.
- Direct experience and background with IT asset management functions is required.
- Experience with negotiating and/or interpreting software license agreements preferred.
- IT software application and infrastructure knowledge preferred.
- Knowledge of licensing models and product use rights
- Years of experience, minimum 7.
- Ability to interpret and negotiate software license agreements
- Knowledge of software application, infrastructure and end user computer
- Experience with Asset Management tools such as Service Now, SNOW, Flexera
- Proficient in process design
- Strong analytical skills
- Skills with excel