Location: Chattanooga, TN
Duration: 6 Months
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent years of experience is required.
- Equivalent years of experience are determined as one year of technical experience for every year of college requested.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in systems analysis and programming required
- Strong understanding of IBM middleware technologies used in Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) including IBM DataPower, IBM Integration Bus (IIB), IBM WebSphere Message Broker (WMB), IBM WebSphere MQ
- Minimum of 3 years experience working directly with IBM Integration Bus (IIB) or IBM WebSphere Message Broker in development, testing, and troubleshooting
- Demonstrated experience in creating IIB/WMB message flows for File to File, File to Database, Database to File, File to IDOC, and IDOC to File
- Strong understanding of SOAP and ReSTful web service protocols and there use with IIB/WMB web services
- Experience in message transformation techniques
- Knowledge of information technology concepts, application development methodology, terminology and standards
- Working understanding of the following software development methodologies: Scrum, Waterfall, and Agile
- Expert working knowledge of at least one of the following programming languages: Java, C#, .NET, ESQL
- This position provides application design, analysis, programming, testing and documentation for the development, integration, enhancement, and maintenance of information systems solutions.
- Formulates and defines system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding to design, develop, modify, or integrate complex information systems
- Devises or modifies application systems and procedures to optimize functional requirements including capacity, operating time, response time, and form of desired results.
- Designs, codes, tests, debugs, and documents programs, subroutines, and scripts.
- May serve one or more project team roles, such as project lead, business systems analyst, or technical lead, for small to medium efforts or manage phases of medium to large efforts.
- Competent to work at the highest phases of applications systems analysis and programming activities
- Enhances the design of current systems to improve system capabilities to meet the changing needs of the business.
- Works with business users or business systems analysts to understand requirements and translate them into technical specifications
- Develops and implements program/system test plans.
- Devises data verification methods and standard system procedures.
- Maintains technical skill set for software languages, databases, platforms, operating systems, utilities and networks needed to support work assignments.
- Assists in preparing and maintaining application design document.
- Responds to system failures and performance events by taking appropriate measures to reduce system downtime and eliminate recurrence of problems.
- May conduct presentations to provide end users with knowledge to maximize their use of developed systems.
- Provides technical leadership on assigned projects or discovery efforts.
- May coordinate work assignments and verify results of applications systems analysis and programming personnel.
- Regularly provides guidance and training to less-experienced analysts/programmers.