Location: Chattanooga, TN
Duration: 6 Months
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent years of experience is required.
- Equivalent years of experience are determined as one year of technical experience for every year of college requested.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in systems analysis and programming required
- Strong understanding of IBM middleware technologies used in Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) including IBM DataPower, IBM Integration Bus (IIB), IBM WebSphere Message Broker (WMB), IBM WebSphere MQ
- Minimum of 3 years experience working directly with IBM Integration Bus (IIB) or IBM WebSphere Message Broker in development, testing, and troubleshooting
- Demonstrated experience in creating IIB/WMB message flows for File to File, File to Database, Database to File, File to IDOC, and IDOC to File
- Strong understanding of SOAP and ReSTful web service protocols and there use with IIB/WMB web services
- Experience in message transformation techniques
- Knowledge of information technology concepts, application development methodology, terminology and standards
- Working understanding of the following software development methodologies: Scrum, Waterfall, and Agile
- Expert working knowledge of at least one of the following programming languages: Java, C#, .NET, ESQL
- This position provides application design, analysis, programming, testing and documentation for the development, integration, enhancement, and maintenance of information systems solutions.
- Formulates and defines system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding to design, develop, modify, or integrate complex information systems
- Devises or modifies application systems and procedures to optimize functional requirements including capacity, operating time, response time, and form of desired results.
- Designs, codes, tests, debugs, and documents programs, subroutines, and scripts.
- Competent to work at the highest phases of applications systems analysis and programming activities
- Enhances the design of current systems to improve system capabilities to meet the changing needs of the business.
- Works with business users or business systems analysts to understand requirements and translate them into technical specifications
- Develops and implements program/system test plans. Devises data verification methods and standard system procedures.
- Maintains technical skill set for software languages, databases, platforms, operating systems, utilities and networks needed to support work assignments.
- Assists in preparing and maintaining application design document.
- Responds to system failures and performance events by taking appropriate measures to reduce system downtime and eliminate recurrence of problems.
- May conduct presentations to provide end users with knowledge to maximize their use of developed systems.
- Consults with management to devise the most useful ways to apply SharePoint to a business’s goals.
- Design, build, oversees activity pertaining to the maintenance of SharePoint.
- Manages and revises the layout of the site.
- Maintains records of SharePoint updates, maintenance, and activity.
- Addresses questions or concerns from business owners or directors regarding the function of the software
- Holds training and informational sessions to teach employees how to use SharePoint.