Location: Des Moines, IA
Duration: 12 Months
- Working as an Agile Business Analyst; strong understanding of Scrum concepts & methodology – Required 4 years
- Acting as primary point of contact for the business partner & clients – Required 4 years
- Translating client & product strategy requirements into application requirements & user stories – Required 4 years
- Defining acceptance criteria and managing acceptance process with development – Required 4 years
- Developing and managing the product backlog – Required 4 years
- Working on web application projects using .NET – Required 3 years
- Understanding of tax accounting/finance – Desired
- Senior Business Analyst with specific government application experience.
- In this position, you will be the sole BA for a multi-phase, multi-stream project dedicated to the design and development of new web applications for both internal and external users.
- The Agile Business Analyst will act as the product champion and will need to evangelize the product vision effectively to their team and to stakeholders.
- As a Business Analyst, you will translate business strategies into product strategies, story journeys, roadmaps, minimum viable releases, epics, and user stories.
- OCIO is committed to utilizing modern technologies and methodologies in order to deliver secure, high-quality technical solutions to its business partners.
- The project’s application is being written in .NET/SQL Server environment.
- Experience working on projects with these technologies, as well as the fundamentals of the iterative/agile methodology, are preferred.
- Develop and write user stories that directly support the primary objective of the project and are appropriate size for iterative development.
- Facilitate regular meetings with project team, sponsors, and stakeholders.
- Solicit stakeholder feedback to validate priorities.
- Collaborate with the team on Sprint Planning and assist with planning to accomplish items from backlog.
- Design wireframes for business partners and clients.
- Manage backlog by creating a prioritized list, product backlog, and assists the team in breaking down the pieces into smaller, more manageable pieces and build it incrementally.
- Provide metrics to team and stakeholder to bring visibility on progress.
- Participate in the QA process by developing clear, specific, and testable acceptance criteria and performing hand-off to QA.
- At the end of the Sprint, participate with team in review of the product and a retrospective
- Participate in backlog management and maintain an emphasis on user experience and specifications
- Participate in daily standup meetings, planning meetings, reviews, and retrospectives
Further Job Requirements:
- Understand other processes and methodologies and can speak intelligently about them and leverage other techniques to provide value to a team/enterprise
- Understand basic fundamentals of software development processes and procedures
- Understand the value of commitments to delivery made by a development team
- Understand backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, and task definition
- Technical understanding of infrastructure components, their dependencies, and interactions between servers, virtual systems, networks, databases, web applications, etc.
- Ability to proactively participate in customer engagements, follow direction from lead technicians, work with customers, and participate in technical planning
- Possess strong communications and facilitation skills