Location: Durham, NC
Duration: 4 Months
- Conduct assessments / ongoing audits and provide remediation recommendations and support to ensure our external-facing web pages and applications are compliant with all required government standards.
- In addition, this position will be responsible for updating our web accessibility processes and educating others on how to implement and test web pages and applications for Section 508 / WCAG compliance.
- Develop and document internal processes for web design, development, and testing to ensure compliance with Section 508 requirements and Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG)
- Conduct in-depth Section 508/WCAG compliance assessments via manual reviews and using automated test tools and assistive technologies
- Compile reports concerning failures in Section 508/WCAG compliance and ways to remediate
- Review Section 508/WCAG compliance defects with developers and discuss possible resolutions
- Monitor resolution of Section 508/WCAG compliance violations
- Provide expert advice to other teams testing web pages and applications for Section 508/WCAG compliance
- Assist project teams with understanding how Section 508 and accessibility activities fit within the project life cycle
- Partner with project leads and requirements analysts to help them appropriately document and deliver against requirements for Section 508/WCAG compliance
- Stay up-to-date on the latest Section 508/WCAG testing and automated tool information
- Provide consultative support across the company for Section 508/WCAG compliance information