Location: Corpus Christi, TX
- The Director of IS will be responsible for Client Information Systems in support of the strategies and goals of Client.
- Responsible for the overall planning, development, production, and execution of Client Information Systems functions.
- Provides management direction and leadership to the department and works closely with Client Health System IS, Epic, and Information Security departments for system wide services (business applications, clinical applications, technical operations, security, help desk and telecommunications) to support the achievement of corporate goals and objectives.
- Provides advice and counsel to Client management concerning the application of Information Systems resources in the organization.
- Demonstrates business practices and personal actions that are ethical and adhere to corporate compliance and integrity guidelines.
- Develops and executes the Health Plan IS Strategic Plan, ensuring its coherence with the overall Health System IS strategic plan.
- Analyzes complex business needs of Client and recommends technical solutions.
- Ensures consistency and maintainability of existing applications by creating, maintaining, and enforcing standards/procedures for implementing technical solutions.
- Works closely with peer Directors to maintain network infrastructure, telecom infrastructure, disaster recovery systems and processes, and other technical infrastructure needs of the Health Plan.
- Human resources management of all Health Plan IS department employees.
- Effectively administers performance management system including:
- developmental feedback
- goal setting
- assesses competency
- progressive discipline
- Responsible for sound management of human resources.
- Makes and implements decisions compatible with organizational goals.
- Supervises the following job classes:
- Epic Tapestry Manager
- Data Integrity Manager
- IS Applications Manager
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) Master’s preferred and 2 -5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2 to 5 years of Health Plan experience
- Epic Tapestry system experience preferred
- Epic Tapestry Certification preferred