Location: New York, NY
Duration: 6 Months
- The Testing Project Manager will manage all planning and implementation as they relate to a new Epic Revenue Implementation at Client, including, but not limited Integrated Testing, Parallel Revenue Cycle Testing, Charge Testing, Iterative Testing, Functional Testing, Surgical Charge Scenario Testing, Claims Testing and Connectivity Testing for the Retrofit Sites).
- Duties include creating program plans to track against, working with all stakeholders (both internal and external) for the successful install, tracking risks and issues as well as keeping these projects on time and on budget.
- Other duties will include collaboration with other 3rd party ancillary systems, as needed
Qualifications / Required Skill:
- Must have a strong revenue cycle background with familiarity with the listed testing efforts.
- Lead and manage charge testing efforts as it relates to the 3rd party ancillary systems and any changes in configurations as it relates to the conversion to Epic revenue cycle.
- Ability to extrapolate metrics as it relates to the revenue cycle testing efforts to appropriate report status and escalate as necessary.
- Familiarity with Epic standard methodology and standard tracking and project management tools as it relates to the revenue cycle testing efforts.
- Experience formulating the project program management plan, in accordance with the scope,
- budget, timing and quality as set by stakeholders.
- Provide status report updates to communicate effectiveness and progress of the testing to
- Senior Management.
- Identify risks and issues, and work with the relevant stakeholders toward the best and most
- efficient remedy.
- Coordinate with key project stakeholders and the PMO
- Ability to establish deadlines and drive self and team to adhere to them.
- Change Management experience
- Familiarity with determining and delivering project on a best-fit basis for project methodologies,
- such as waterfall, SCRUM / Agile, and hybrid approaches (e.g. iterative waterfall).
- Demonstrated professional oral and written communication skills.
- Proven abilities to effectively manage multiple work assignments.
- Familiarity with common service or operations applications and services.
- Strong analytical, organization and time management skills.