Location: Tampa, FL
- Under the direction of the Director of IT Business Applications, directs the acquisition, control and maintenance of the organization’s computer system applications.
- Analyzes products and recommends the use of new technologies and services to senior management.
- Manages application access and use.
- Establishes and implements policies and procedures for application acquisition and usage throughout the institution.
- Assigns work to application Project Leaders and analysts.
- Establishes action plans and priorities.
- Recruits, maintains and supervises a workforce for acquisition and support of computer system applications.
- Counsels, appraises, disciplines and rewards employees. Oversees payroll for assigned employees.
- Oversees budgeting and long-range planning for human resources, computer system applications and office management for assigned responsibilities.
- Initiates and participates in contract negotiations; monitors and authorizes invoice payments.
- Prepares activity, progress, quality and trend reports.
- Responsible for performing job duties in accordance with mission, vision and values of the client and the Information Systems division.
- Supports Epic and non-Epic applications.
Skills and Abilities:
- Planning, Organizing, Directing, Staffing, Coordinating, Reporting, budgeting.
- LEAN/Six Sigma Process Improvement, and Ability to lead effectively in a Matrix Organization.
- Demonstrated ability to Solve Problems, Influence People, Adapt Approaches, and Deliver Results.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Business Management or related field.
- 5-7 years progressive management and supervisory experience with Epic Financial modules required.
- Experience in leading healthcare business applications selections, implementation, and tracking projects to successful execution.
- Managing and leading staff, and collaborating with the customer base, as well as, experience in preparing and managing budgets.
- Experience writing and implementing department policies and procedures required.
- Operational experience in all aspects of the Revenue Cycle: Accounts receivable, Accounts payable, Charge Capture, Claims processing, Statements, Account follow-up for both insurance and self-pay and reimbursement analysis.
- 3-5 years hands-on build in Resolute Hospital Billing and/or Professional Billing required with current certification in Epic Resolute- Hospital and/or Professional Billing.
- Epic claims certification a plus but not required.