Location: New York, New York
Duration: 6 Months
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Go Live Activation Project Manager within the Epic PMO (Program Management Office) calls for someone with exceptional written and verbal communication skills that will apply principles, techniques and best practices in the planning, organizing and implementation of a high-profile and complex program
- The right candidate will be the primary liaison between facilities going live with Epic EHR and Epic Teams at headquarters as well as contracted ATE (at the elbow) support staff, working with up to 500 ATE contracted out staff, at each of the go-live sites.
- They will also support the Facility Engagement Director by coordinating with hospital leadership for a successful go-live.
- Responsibilities also include: provides support and coordination for the planning and execution of operational readiness activities such as site visits and shadowing, workflow validation, department operational readiness meetings and Lead Super User meetings.
Qualifications / Required Skill:
- Leading and managing multiple Epic (both clinical and revenue cycle) activations.
- Great collaboration skills, as this role will be the primary contact between ATE support staff. Experience with this collaboration is mandatory.
- Experience managing activation at concurrent go-live sites.
- Experience formulating the project program management plan, in accordance with the scope, budget, timing and quality as set by stakeholders.
- Identify risks and issues, and work with the relevant stakeholders toward the best and most efficient remedy.
- Coordinate with key project stakeholders and the PMO
- Ability to establish deadlines and drive self and team to adhere to them.
- Change Management experience
- Familiarity with determining and delivering project on a best-fit basis for project methodologies, such as waterfall, SCRUM / Agile, and hybrid approaches (e.g. iterative waterfall).
- Demonstrated professional oral and written communication skills.
- Proven abilities to effectively manage multiple work assignments.
- Familiarity with common service or operations applications and services.
- Strong analytical, organization and time management skills.