Location: Baltimore, MD
General Position Summary:
- The Application Coordinator III (ACIII) participates in the development and design of the application(s) for which the AC III is responsible and is required to gain an in-depth knowledge of the assigned Epic module(s).
- Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of computer systems, applications, and interfaces.
- Demonstrates proficiency in all skills required to facilitate complex application and systems enhancements or replacements.
- Analyzes and resolves complex system integration problems.
- Creates pre– and post– project benchmarking metrics.
- Demonstrates an advanced understanding of the clinical and/or business operations.
- Demonstrates advanced proficiency in creating detailed documentation, including system design documentation, procedures, process and data flows, RFPs, project plans, and recommendations for system enhancements and replacements.
- Communicates effectively with users, colleagues, developers, and organizational administration.
- Provides estimates for moderate to complex work efforts.
- Supports multiple concurrent projects and/or application modules, educates, and coaches other team members, and manages user expectations.
- Manages tasks, resources, and project plans for team assignments.
- May require specialized knowledge in a specific application/module/computer system.
Required Job Qualifications:
- Baccalaureate degree, education, or health related field with educational courses.
- Professional certification(s) and/or related experience
- Beyond minimum training experience qualifications may substitute for formal education requirement on a two years’ experience-for-one-year education basis.
- Three years operational experience in a clinical or healthcare business operations setting or three years’ experience in Information Technology.
- General understanding of the work flows in clinical or healthcare business operations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Experience with implementing clinical and/or healthcare business information systems in a large-scale and complex healthcare organization.
- Epic certification in the module(s) being represented.
- Experience in Epic installations.
- Knowledge of the current healthcare environment preferred.
- Experience in developing business and/or clinical workflows related to the assigned application module.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities (KSA’s):
- Ability to handle analysis, design, system configuration and testing tasks at a medium to high level of complexity.
- Ability to incorporate policies, procedures, and specific clinical practice and/or business processing needs into information systems training
- Excellent customer service skills
- Highly effective written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills to establish working relationships that foster optimal quality teamwork and education
- Strong organizational skills in managing multiple priorities
- Uses critical thinking skills regarding use of the clinical/business operations software applications
- Detailed understanding of clinical/business operations workflows and system configuration gained by participating in validation sessions with project team members and assisting in system design.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, with proficiency in Microsoft Visio and Project desirable.
- Demonstrated expertise in technical design techniques for related software applications.
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management principles as they relate to managing timeline, budget, and quality.