Location: Cheyenne, WY
Duration: 3 Months
- The Epic TrueConnect Analyst is responsible for the design, build, testing, installation, and support of software applications required for the utilization of the Epic electronic health record (EHR) system.
- As a member of an application team, this individual contributes to the scope and design of system maintenance and upgrade.
- Provides all assigned tasks related to the support of application-specific end users.
- Demonstrates good working knowledge of masterfile change control concepts and procedures.
- Independently interacts with customers and demonstrates critical thinking and follow-through when developing solutions to identified issues.
- Effectively and safely communicates all system alterations according to established procedures and policies.
- Constructs testing scripts to validate system parameters and functionality performs as specified and participates in integrated testing activities.
- Participates in intake and governance processes by effectively identifying complex work efforts, partnering with operations, contributing to resource allocation decisions, contributing to the development of scope statements, and documenting and communicating work effort status through the use of approved project management tools.
- Escalates potential system and work effort risks and contributes to status updates.
- Participates in and contributes to reporting analytics through collaboration with the reporting and analytics team.
- Exercises solid understanding of operational end-user workflows in relevant areas.
- Communicates and facilitates the phases of implementation including discovery, validation, build, testing, training, and migration.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Proficient in all aspects of design, development, testing and best practices of Epic applications implementations and maintenance.
- Proficient in troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Ability to acquire knowledge through research or self-training where needed for effective implementation.
- Ability to work both independently and in teams.
- Ability to triage, address, or find resources to provide resolution to technical support questions of customers.
- Knowledge of workflows and ability to integrate into system composition.
- Proficient in developing a test plan and executing test scenarios for system readiness.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, email, intranet, internet, and other IT systems.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Two years of healthcare or information systems experience or a combination of both
- One year of experience project based team work
- Epic certification in at least one application and/or able to achieve Epic certification within 90 days of last class
- Able to maintain Continuing Epic Education requirements for certification
- Able to work beyond normal business hours and participates in rotational call
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant area
- Three years of experience in EHR development and support
- Two years of project based experience