Location: San Francisco, CA
Duration: 10 Months
- Involves the design, building, testing, and implementation of clinical application systems.
- Provides support to clinical users through knowledge of clinical processes, documentation needs, workflows, and clinical practice standards, when adapting software to meet their needs.
- Works with clinicians to create or adapt written protocols.
- Prepares detailed specs encompassing clinical processes, information flow, risk and impact analysis.
- May provide customer service, troubleshooting, and maintenance.
- Clinical Systems Training is responsible for all aspects of the Electronic Health Record (EPIC: APeX- Advancing Patient-Centered Excellence) for hospitals, practices, affiliates and community partners.
- The APeX/Epic – Credentialed Trainer will work in collaboration with the APeX-Epic application teams and clinical/business operations to develop curriculum to provide training support to a variety of end users including front end users, revenue cycle, physician, nurses, other users.
- Inherent with these key responsibilities is the ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and meet any imposed deadlines.
- As training will be role based, it is essential that the APeX- Principal Educators have experience with or the ability to fully grasp workflows, policies/procedures that are clinically, procedural and/or administrative in nature to create operationally focused curriculum/scenarios.
Common problems solved by the employee:
- Troubleshooting training issues; ability to tell difference between build and training issues
- Ability to work with challenging & resistant end users
- Ability to identify system issues and document so build analysts can follow-up
Less frequent and more complex problems solved by the employee:
- Researching issues that cross multiple applications and operational departments (e.g. Billing workflows)
Problems/situations that are referred to this employee’s supervisor:
- Problems that impact multiple users, patient safety, compliance or medical risk
- Workflow solutions that change users EHR workflows that need CS/IT governance
- Project that scope has changes significantly