Location: Worcester, MA
- Develops comprehensive project plans and provides project management/oversight to assigned I. S. staff for large, complex projects.
- Directs, coordinates and supervises assigned staff and activities within defined project scope.
- Responsible for timely creation and submission of required project reporting deliverables.
- Responsible for timely notification to Director, Applications of problematic variances in project schedules, budgets or other project performance issues, with recommended appropriate solutions.
- Leads or assists in the development of requests for proposals and in the evaluation and selection of new application systems and products.
- Leads or performs studies to develop understanding of clients’ clinical or business processes, and corresponding information systems needs.
- Analyzes existing reports, procedures, systems and controls.
- Conducts feasibility studies and cost/benefit analyses.
- Leads a team or individually design/select clinical and business information systems to meet clients’ needs.
- Develops detailed conceptual designs/specifications that define the scope and objectives, and functional and reporting requirements.
- Develops application level specifications for systems performance, systems integration and data base design.
- Produces data flow diagrams.
- Devises and modifies procedures.
- Performs and leads studies of the impact of major systems conversions.
- Apprises client of information systems design issues, ensuring that the client is informed of alternatives, the results of cost/benefit analyses, and the problematic implications of changes under consideration.
- Required: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent is required.
- Current Epic HIM certification(s) or ability to achieve based on Epic project commitment.
- Over 8 years and up to and including 10 years of experience.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience which provides proficiency in the areas of responsibility listed in this description may be substituted for the above requirements.