Location: Baltimore, MD
- Under minimal supervision gathers and analyzes user needs for developing and modifying clinical or business applications in the healthcare environment.
- Leads documentation, writing specifications, fact-finding, analyzing results, proposing solutions and/or recommendations, in addition to building, configuring, and/or modifying applications using existing application tools.
Principal Responsibilities and Tasks:
- The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification.
- These are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
- Leads highly complex analysis, design, development, testing and support services for assigned application applications.
- Responsible for and oversees day to day tracking and follow-up on issues and questions of daily operations.
- Validates testing results.
- Leads applications analysis and impact analysis of new or different applications, processes or changes.
- Provides highly complex application support and guidance to end users and provides technical guidance to less experienced personnel.
- Serves as point of contact for resolution of complex application problems.
- Able to quickly assess problems and identify resolutions.
- Leads development of application testing scripts and conversion plans.
- Participates in testing as assigned.
- Makes recommendations and provide alternatives with regards to various development and support initiatives.
- Prepares written documentation of various types; application documentation, analytical reports, functional specifications, training manuals, status reports, etc.
- Creates, evaluates, and instructs/teaches other analysts.
- Participates and/or leads complex projects, estimates costs, time frames, staffing requirements and prepares cost justifications for assigned project.
- Uses status reports for project oversight.
- Leads the designing for each application assigned, under the control of the change management application and user development request.
- Prepares and validates complete applications documentation for operations and sets programming specifications for user departments.
- Assist in the development of departmental policies and procedures as they relate to the use of clinical applications.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a health, science, or business field, or an equivalent level of professional experience required.
- Master’s degree preferred. Additional certifications may be required.
- Seven (7) years progressively responsible experience in information applications, including one (1) year performing programming or applications analysis, or equivalent, such as business analysis, is required.
- Previous experience in leading a project and/or team preferred.
- Experience working in a healthcare environment is preferred.
- Certification in Service Management, Project Management, or Business Analysis desired.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to perform and teach analysis and problem-solving principles with emphasis in user relations, data gathering techniques, and management information applications to IT staff is required.
- Serves as a resource to others in the resolution of complex problems and issues.
- Demonstrates ability to develop complex specifications for all aspects of applications, and familiarity with problem analysis, hardware/software configurations and application integration.
- Able to lead and teach application functionality, design standards, process changes to the end user community and train the trainer.
- Makes recommendations regarding the integration/relationship between and among organizational applications.
- Effective customer service skills, with the ability to work with all levels within the organization.
- Ability to lead and teaches a project team of analysts, end users and consultants skills required to coordinate daily activities, delegate responsibilities, tasks, and review/validate work.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills are necessary to advise and consult with user personnel and make formal presentations of project findings and recommendations.
- Able to teach application functionality, design standards, and problem-solving tools.
- Excellent organization skills; demonstrates confidence and creativity.
- Adheres to applications security and control procedures in accordance with departmental, vendor standards and regulatory bodies.
- Makes recommendations as necessary.