Location: Tampa, FL
- The Revenue Cycle Systems IT team provides technical expertise and application level support for various hospital and provider revenue cycle modules.
- The System Analyst III under the minimal supervision of a team leader, manager or director and according to established policy and procedures, performs complex system analysis, design, integration, testing, implementation, maintenance and planning of assigned applications and/or projects.
- Establishes working relationship with Revenue Cycle Operations, System Vendors, and end users, to provide attentive service that meets high quality standards and has a direct impact on their operational workflows.
- Uses critical and analytical thinking to perform analysis and system configuration to support processes that include (but are not limited to) charging, billing, claims processing, clearing house EDI, electronic payment posting, reimbursement (EFT), electronic remittances (ERA), and follow-up.
- Understands the requirements and expectations of the processes used in supporting Provider billing and claims applications.
- Works independently when instructed by Management while maintaining open communication channels.
- Open to consistently improve their understanding of the Industry, organization and department by taking on new challenges and opportunities.
- Participates in development, design and implementation of new applications and changes to existing systems.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Federal HIPAA guidelines and is compliant throughout the performance of duties.
- Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved department procedures.
- Plans, coordinates, develops and provides appropriate training for managers and users.
- Ensures development of training materials, production of continuity workbooks, documentation of standard operating procedures and user checklists.
- Serves as the contact and liaison with user community and vendor.
- Responsible for performing job duties in accordance with mission, vision and values.
- Participates in department and revenue cycle task forces, focus groups and/or committees as assigned by their supervisor to meet the group objectives. .
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Business Administration, Computer Science or health care-related field.
- Epic Certification in Resolute Professional Claims, and at least 3 years’ experience in provider claims system configuration.
- Experience in provider revenue cycle operations or other healthcare technology related field as an individual contributor.
- Strong analytic and organizational skills, particularly in planning, communications, process redesign and problem-solving.
- Computer proficiency, including (but not limited to) applications such as Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Visio.
- Knowledgeable in HIPAA 5010 Transaction Sets e.g. 837I, 837P, 837R, 835, 270/271, 276/277, 277CA, 278.
- Epic Electronic Payment Posting experience.
- Epic Certification in Epic Resolute Professional Billing