Location: Louisville, KY
- Under general direction, responsible for application and integration of information technology in the healthcare setting.
- This position will serve as a liaison between the IT department and operations to align system design with operational processes.
- This includes data collection, workflow analysis, system configuration, testing, and support.
- Participates in application deployment and procedure documentation.
- Ensures that the software build meets organizational goals and external mandates such as HIPAA and Meaningful Use Has technical knowledge of all phases of applications system analysis and project management.
- Acts as project coordinator for medium sized projects with medium budgets and may or may not have system-wide implications.
- Acting as the primary support contact for the application’s end?users
- Identifying issues that arise in their application area as well as issues that impact other application teams, and working to resolve them
- Guiding workflow design, building and testing the system, and analyzing other technical issues associated with Epic software
- Identifying and implementing requested changes to the system
- Serving as a liaison between end users’ workflow needs and Epic implementation staff
- Maintaining regular communication with Epic representatives, including participating in weekly project team meetings
- Working with Epic representatives, your organization’s business community, and end users to ensure the system meets the organization’s business needs in regard to the project deliverables and timeline
- Developing an understanding of operational needs to set the direction for the organization’s workflows by attending site visits and other integrated sessions
- Participating in training and working with end users
- Troubleshooting problems and questions
- Epic Certification Required
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree and four years’ related experience, or two years’ direct experience in lieu of a degree. Appropriate certification or licensure (if applicable) required.
- Minimum two (2) years working with clinical and/or financial applications within a physician practice environment.
- Demonstrated progressive experience with on-line information systems; healthcare environment preferred.
- Strong analytic and organizational skills, particularly in planning, communications, process redesign, and problem solving.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse group of users who have a varying level of computer expertise.
- Solid understanding of revenue cycle management or experience with billing operations