Location: New York, NY
Duration: 6 Months
- The Instructional Designer/Principal Trainer will be an integral part of the electronic medical record implementation team who will work with the Training Manager and Application Coordinators to develop and deliver the Epic training program.
- This dynamic candidate must possess strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- A strong belief in the objectives of this organization and the Epic project is required.
- Candidate must have a background in instructional design/ curriculum development and knowledge of adult learning methods.
- Candidate must possess excellent presentation skills, strong technical documentation skills, and proficiency in Microsoft Office (certification preferred).
- Epic certification is required.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement the training program for their respective application(s).
- Build, test, and maintain the Epic training environment.
- Create and maintain all training materials.
- Train and credential additional classroom trainers for end-user training.
- Work with the training team to analyze and coordinate availability of trainers, schedules, training rooms, workstations, and other resources.
- Provide training for new staff.
- Coordinate training for new software releases and updates.
- Act as a liaison between the build team and the end user.
- Maintain policy and procedure documentation per the standard.
- Travel between networks in response to training schedules, and provide off-shift training/support as needed.
- Coordinate and provide support during and after go-live.
- Provide the Project Management team with identified risks and concerns.
- Participate in special projects as needed and perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications / Required Skill:
- Current Epic certification in the application
- A Baccalaureate Degree from an accredited college
- Minimum five years’ experience with Electronic Health record Implementation/ Training
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including presentation delivery skill and experience in adult education
- Experience delivering software training and developing training materials.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work independently as well as work as part of a fast moving team
- Knowledge and expertise in the characteristics of Information Technology and peripheral devices.
- Clinical and/or operational Health Care experience and knowledge is preferred.
Specific Qualifications / Experience:
- Ambulatory Certification required
- TED trained
- Minimum of two MST builds completed
- Captivate experience preferred