Location: New York, NY
- Oversees a team of analysts to ensure applications are well supported and implementations are properly executed.
- Leads team processes for defining standards, promotes best practices and mentors staff.
- Identifies data integrity issues and analyzes data and process flows for process improvement opportunities.
- Establishes and maintains an appropriate team lead presence with team members, Operational and IT leaders, vendors and customers.
- Subject matter expert of the application functionality that supports their user’s practice and has breadth of knowledge across EHR.
- Lead meetings, prioritize tasks, resolve conflicts and manage a project plan.
- Effectively manages customer goals and expectations.
- Perform in-depth analysis of workflows, data collection, report details, and other technical issues associated with Epic software.
- Review and scope requests to provide the best options for integration, with supporting cost benefit analysis.
- Presents effective executive summaries including identification of scope, objectives and decision points showing options with costs and benefits defined.
- Coordinates software updates.
- Develops and documents internal procedures.
- Documents issue resolution and presents solutions to IS management.
- Management of team status reporting.
- Timely project and data tracking with input of weekly time tracking.
- Establish change control processes and procedures.
- Thoroughly reviewing each new release and communicating needed changes.
- Designs, builds and tests end users’ tools, as appropriate, utilizing best practice principles.
- Defines requirements for changes and communicates to the appropriate application analyst.
- Facilitates collaborative decision-making.
- Provides on-call support, troubleshoots and resolves production support issues.
- Initiates escalation procedures. Identify potential issues and refer more complex issues to appropriate level of support.
- Serves as an escalation point for non-Human Resource issues and immediately escalates HR issues to appropriate managers.
- Performs other related duties assigned by supervisor. In an emergency, performs other duties necessary for the welfare of patients or the efficient operations of the institution.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, healthcare or information technology related field preferred; (will consider Associate’s degree with equivalent combination of formal education plus 5 years related experience).
- Minimum five (5) years’ applicable skills as Epic Analyst.
- Project Manager experience preferred.
- Excellent communication and follow-up skills
- Possess a combination of expert technical, analytical, and customer service skills
- Ability to work independently and exercise independent judgment
- Critical thinking and strong problem solving skills
- Expert level knowledge at core Analyst deliverables
- Maintains a thorough understanding of application capabilities
- Understands and complies with basic and advanced concepts of change management
- Manage multiple priorities
- Exceptional interpersonal skills necessary to be socially perceptive in accepting and relaying information, communicating policies and procedures, and interacting effectively with a variety of personnel.
- Superior verbal/written English communication skills, including grammatical, editing and proofreading skills.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office applications (i.e. MS Word, Excel, Access, Office Suite, PowerPoint, Project Professional and Outlook) and web browsers
- Certification in one or more assigned Epic Applications.
- Must have minimum five years’ certification experience in Epic application(s) and current with new version training requirements.
- Position requires prolonged periods of standing, reaching, walking throughout the working day.
- Position will be required to stoops, bends, lifts, carry items weighing up to 25 pounds.