Location: Tampa, FL
- Under the minimal supervision of a manager or director and according to established policy and procedures, the Analyst II performs complex system analysis, design, integration, testing, implementation, maintenance, and planning of assigned applications and/or projects.
- Directly interacts with assigned department managers and staff to provide automation services in support of department’s strategic and operational objectives.
- Plans, coordinates, develops, and provides appropriate training for managers and users.
- Ensures development of training materials, production of continuity workbooks, documentation of standard operating procedures and user checklists.
- Serves as the contact and liaison with user community and vendor.
- Responsible for performing job duties in accordance with mission, vision, and values.
- Participates in department and hospital task forces, focus groups and/or committees as assigned by their supervisor to meet the group objectives.
- High School or GED required; six (6) years in quantitative and model simulation design analyst role with experience in developing, conducting, and implementing financial/economic analysis, decision support systems, strategic plans and data models or job related analytical experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Industrial Engineering, or related field plus two (2) years of quantitative and model simulation design analyst role with job related analytical experience or Associate’s degree plus four (4) years of quantitative and model simulation design analyst role with job related analytical experience may be equivalent consideration.
- Advanced competencies with basic computer-based programs and job-related applications and Microsoft Office software.
- Operational knowledge of healthcare areas such as nursing, perioperative services, emergency department and support services is preferred.
- A successful systems analyst must acquire four skills: analytical, technical, managerial, and interpersonal.
- Bachelor’s Degree, software / system / technical certification(s), and over two years of information technology experience or healthcare operations experience.
- Epic Resolute experience required.
- Prefer candidate be certified in Hospital and Professional Billing modules and have worked in an Analyst role supporting the Revenue Cycle.
How Revenue Cycle functions/ works including but not limited to:
- Charge Capture
- Payment Posting
- Knowledge of follow-up cycles for both insurance and self-pay
- Understands insurance refunds and payments
- Understands how master files work in Epic
- System build in Resolute (tables, configuration, etc.)
- Basic project management skills (mini project assignments) and incorporate appropriate resources across teams, prepare plans and timelines and perform lifecycle management tasks.
- Effective communication skills to interact with different clients.