Location: Denver, CO
Duration: 6 Months, Contract to Hire
- Conducts or oversees business-specific projects by applying deep expertise in subject area; promoting adherence to all procedures and policies; developing work plans to meet business priorities and deadlines; determining and carrying out processes and methodologies; coordinating and delegating resources to accomplish organizational goals; partnering internally and externally to make effective business decisions; solving complex problems; escalating issues or risks, as appropriate; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; evaluating recommendations made; and influencing the completion of project tasks by others.
- Practices self-leadership and promotes learning in others by building relationships with cross-functional stakeholders; communicating information and providing advice to drive projects forward; influencing team members within assigned unit; listening and responding to, seeking, and addressing performance feedback; adapting to competing demands and new responsibilities; providing feedback to others, including upward feedback to leadership and mentoring junior team members; creating and executing plans to capitalize on strengths and improve opportunity areas; and adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.
- Defines and communicates the architecture standards, guidelines, and statements of direction by facilitating the design and establishment of architecture standards or controls.
- Reviews and contributes to architecture standards or controls which allow business needs to be met.
- Creates architectures for large scale, high-impact, or high-cost technology solutions by collaborating with other architects to develop the target state.
- Leads the development of solution architectures, roadmaps, and system transition plans to align business, applications, data, integration, and/or infrastructure architecture.
- Collaborates with project teams and business users to create architecture artifacts (for example, logical, conceptual, physical) to guide detailed design.
- Participates in the adoption of new high-impact technologies by researching technical trends and developments.
- Helps determine the selection of technologies.
- Collaborates with IT and business leadership and participates in making decisions regarding new technology.
- Demonstrates a full understanding of the architecture best practices for assigned domain(s) and educates others throughout the organization on the function of architecture methodologies, governance, and standards by serving as a subject matter expert across business and/or IT teams, and presenting to internal and external audiences, including senior leadership.
- Develops reports for executives, business leaders, and IT management to communicate the impact of architecture practices.
- Coordinates with architects and other stakeholders to facilitate the continuous development and drive consensus on changes to the company’s architecture practices.
- Develops and establishes architectural best practices that guide the design of technology solutions.
- Contributes to the development of the architecture strategy and technology direction by providing domain knowledge on solutions and technology.
- Provides expertise and shares an understanding of current capability gaps, architectural gaps, and market and industry trends that can be used to set future direction.
- Minimum two (2) years experience with modeling techniques (e.g., BPMN, UML, ER).
- Minimum three (3) years experience translating solution requirements into technical architecture requirements.
- Minimum two (2) years in a technical leadership role with or without direct reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, CIS, Engineering, Business, or related technical field and Minimum eight (8) years IT experience delivering technical solutions, including at least Minimum four (4) years working on projects related to IT architecture.
- Additional equivalent work experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.