Location: Oakland, CA
Duration: 6 weeks
- Involves the design, building, testing, and implementation of clinical application systems.
- Provides support to clinical users through knowledge of clinical processes, documentation needs, workflows, and clinical practice standards, when adapting software to meet their needs.
- Works with clinicians to create or adapt written protocols.
- Prepares detailed specs encompassing clinical processes, information flow, risk and impact analysis.
- May provide customer service, troubleshooting, and maintenance.
- The Apex ELearning Developer may also achieve credentialing in one or more of the following training areas in order to support ongoing new hire training and other training initiative: Epic Applications: Ambulatory, Orders, ClinDoc, Stork, Willow, Beacon, Kaleidoscope, Radiant, HOD, Home Health, Prelude, ADT/Cadence, HB/PB, HIM, Optime Scheduling
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Broad and / or in-depth knowledge of 1-2 areas of focus in clinical applications specialty area(s).
- Knowledge of systems and functions, including design, development, implementation, user support and training, maintenance, quality assurance, and system testing and evaluation.
- Strong problem-resolution skills, with the ability to quickly diagnose problems, and develop, test, and implement appropriate and effective solutions in a timely manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively, train, support, and work collaboratively with users of clinical information systems at all professional and technical levels.
- Detail oriented, with proven organizational skills and the ability to effectively manage time, prioritize tasks, and see projects through to completion on deadline.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, with the ability to convey technical information and instructions to all levels of clinical applications users in a specific, clear, and concise manner.
- Strong analytical skills and knowledge in documentation and reporting, with the ability to design and execute tests, analyze system performance data, and produce substantive reports and analyses.
- Ability to work with senior staff and managers, serving as a technical resource and providing advice and counsel on issues of functionality, efficiency, cost-effectiveness, policy, and performance.
- Three years related work experience
- Bachelor’s degree in health care information technology, computer science, or related area, and / or equivalent combination of experience / training.
- As a condition of continued employment, Epic certification
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Clinical License of RN, MA or other Tech license/certification
Common problems solved by the employee:
- Troubleshooting training issues; ability to tell difference between build and training issues
- Ability to work with challenging & resistant end users
- Ability to identify system issues and document so build analysts can follow-up
Less frequent and more complex problems solved by the employee:
- Researching issues that cross multiple applications and operational departments (e.g. Billing workflows)
Problems/situations that are referred to this employee’s supervisor:
- Problems that impact multiple users, patient safety, compliance or medical risk
- Workflow solutions that change users EHR workflows that need CS/IT governance
- Project that scope has changes significantly