Location: Memphis, TN
Duration: 3 Months
Epic Client System Manager Certification Required
Current Citrix Certification Required
- Provide system level administration/maintenance for Epic Windows servers.
- Install, maintain, configure and upgrade relevant Windows affiliated Epic systems such BCA, Weblob, Epic Print Service.
- Provide daily care and feed to the VMware infrastructure that hosts the Epic Windows servers.
- Work on establishing the necessary baseline for system capacity planning and overall system performance.
- Provide various system administrative tasks including printer queue management, and automation of various processes via scripting.
- Administer VPSX printer appliance to enhance overall Epic printing experience.
- Perform management actions involved with deploying updates and new releases to the Epic Windows environment.
- Perform necessary firmware, hardware, and Windows OS upgrades, and required patch management.
- Document and create the necessary troubleshooting and update guides for various technical responsibilities
- Work closely with respective counterparts at Epic systems – in Verona, Wisconsin.
- Plan, configure and implement features on the Windows platform that improve availability, response time, and monitoring of key system metrics.
- Ensure that the necessary backups are performed on the appropriate Windows systems.
- Ability to work collaboratively/effectively with technical and non-technical members of the Epic team while embracing teamwork.
- Participate in required change management process.
- Evaluate and implement third party software products that are needed as ancillary systems, required for overall Epic readiness and functionality.
- Willing to participate in knowledge sharing with other team members, and willing to mentor/train junior personnel.
- Participation in on-call rotation which includes carrying and responding to pages 7×24 during the on-call period.
- Be willing to travel to Epic’s corporate headquarters for the necessary training, if needed, and when needed.
- Participate in technical support for our users – via various methods such as remote tools, email, phone, and sometimes a site visit.
- Actively participate in triage and support activities using the standard help desk process and approved software tools, and to ensure that trouble tickets are handled in a timely and professional manner.
- Experience with Netscaler appliance & general load balancing
- Experience with RightFax and Onbase administration
- Technical and operational knowledge of certificates (certs).
- Familiarity with using various tools like lifecycle management, software distribution, software monitoring – like SCCM, SCOM, group policies