Location: San Diego, CA
Duration: 3+ Months
- Looking for candidate with strong SQL experience to develop and run queries, conduct analysis, and prepare reports from Epic (EMR) related to outpatient care in a pediatric medical center.
- Prefer experience in Epic but not required.
- Preferred: Experience in the acute care setting
- This position will be responsible for the analysis, development, modification, general maintenance and validation of Hospital reports.
- The IT Data Analyst works directly with functional clients, physicians and managers to collect report and information requirements to include: develop specifications for requested reports, gap analysis, changes to existing reports, identify delivered reports already available, and develops and maintains a self-service searchable index of existing reports.
- The IT Data Analyst provides business application support; training to help interpret data in Epic EMR, advanced structured query language (SQL) techniques, and other common reporting
tools; collaborates with functional and technical staff on data architecture issues and changes to Clarity data fields and business processes related to reporting requirements.
- This position collaborates closely with Information System Programmer Analysts, Managers, Technical Specialists in functional departments and the Data Governance Committee on proposed changes to data fields and tables required to meet reporting requirements.
- The IT Data Analyst develops reports using tools that include: BOE Crystal, Reporting Workbench and Excel.
- The Data Analyst/Report Writer serves as liaison to Database Administrators and Information Systems staff for large data uploads from internal and external sources.
- This position is also responsible for overall data quality and develops and executes unit test and validation procedures to ensure delivered information is reliable and accurate.
- Experience writing complex reports in Crystal and writing stored procedures to be used in conjunction with Crystal.
- Experience in analysis, programming and use of healthcare patient administration, financial and clinical systems and general knowledge of major health care information issues.
- Self-motivated and self-directed with ability to work independently.
- Programming experience in commercially-available, release-based health care applications, specific to reporting development and troubleshooting.
- Must have demonstrated experience with report writing tools.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills, ability to work under pressure, balance competing requests, prioritize appropriately and maintain strong customer service and team focus.
- Experience with computer based hospital system and actively performed the following: requirements definition of reporting needs, systems analysis, SDLC, solid technical/database experience.
- In-depth training and expertise with noted experience in Oracle, SQL, Crystal and other types of reporting software, development/reporting writing tools for use across enterprise projects.
- Able to communicate and organize reporting projects among a broad spectrum of hospital personnel.
- Experience in being able to define reporting needs and requirements for enterprise systems.
- Strong customer service and team focus.
- Minimum of three (3) years in programming, reporting and systems analysis.
- Advanced oral and written communication, including analysis, specification and database/system preparation and report presentation.
- One or more report writer certifications in applicable application / module.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Minimum)
- Note that 5 or more years of directly related work experience can be substituted for the Bachelor’s Degree requirement