Location: New York, NY
Duration: 6 Months
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and develop interface solutions according to the project scope, scalability, portability, and best development practices, given constraints such as limited resources, time deadlines, and technological impediments.
- Develop documentation of test plans, technical documentation, release notes, end-user guides, training programs and/or other materials as necessary.
- Decompose information gathered into details including sources of data, data types, users, user types, interface components, interface navigation needs, reporting needs, and administrative system needs.
- Analyze and document client’s business requirements and processes; communicate requirements to technical personnel by constructing basic conceptual data and process models, including process flowcharts and technical specifications.
- Presenting concepts in a concise and focused manner, including narrative, process diagrams, role and accountability diagrams and business-focused story boards.
- Research industry practices; collect and analyze data; draw appropriate conclusions and recommendations; present results in written reports or through oral presentations using visual aids
- Consult with project team to determine interface requirements.
- Work with Project Management and Business Analysis Teams to translate interface requirements into a well-defined project scope
- Analyze and document interface specifications.
- Test, deploy, and validate the interfaces to achieve project sign off from internal and external project stakeholders.
- In-depth experience with the HL7 messaging standard, HL7 certification a plus
- Experience working with leading integration engines; experience working with multiple technologies a plus
- Coordinate user groups and project teams, convening conference calls and meetings and maintaining minutes and follow-up logs.
- Work collaboratively with Systems Analyst to develop designs, mockups and prototypes.
- Communicate technical design issues to non-technical people.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a fast moving team.
- Ability to lead Business in programs with complex projects.
- Work within timeline and resource constraints provided by the Project Manager.
- Provide ongoing communication with users, managers, corporate directors and vendors to assure support and current initiatives.
- Experienced working in a Project Management Office (PMO) with cross-functional teams is a plus.
- Performs other duties as assigned/required.
Qualifications / Required Skill:
- Completed multiple go-lives, and at least one from (near) inception to completion
- Experience with an Epic implementation at a multi-hospital system, and/or a major academic medical center.
- A Baccalaureate Degree from an accredited college or university in computer science, Information systems, business administration or equivalent experience or education is required.
- At least 3 years of clinical healthcare systems experience.
- At least 3 years of experience on commercial core clinical applications.
- Experience documenting system architecture design and clinical system workflow.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Must be well organized, detail oriented, highly analytical, possess strong problem solving skills and must have a desire to be accountable for project success.
- Detailed knowledge of general phases of SDLC, project management methods
Bridges Analyst Specific Qualifications / Experience:
- Epic Bridges Certification required
- Experience with Error Work queues preferred
- Experience with HL7 communications required