Location: San Jose, CA
Duration: 6+ Months
- Strong communication and follow-up skills
- The ability to probe for information about the underlying needs of the organization and user community, which directly influences how the system will be built
- Maintain regular communication with Epic representatives
- Understand the choices involved in application specifications
- Perform in-depth analysis of workflows, data collection, report details, and other technical issues associated with Epic software
- Investigate end users’ preference while making build decisions
- Analyze business operations as they relate to build decisions
- Prioritize and implement requested changes to the system
- Analyze new functionality in releases to determine how it should be used
- Review and test each new release
- Collect information regarding potential system enhancement needs
- Prepare details of specifications as needed
- Set standards for naming and numbering conventions and security classifications using the Epic Style Guide for Master File Naming and Numbering Conventions
- Troubleshoot problems and questions from end users
- 5+ years demonstrated experience as an application coordinator/analyst in a large healthcare IT system.
- Current industry knowledge in the areas relevant to this specified role
Skills and Requirements:
- Epic certification in EpicCare Inpatient ClinDoc and CPOE is preferred.
- SmartForm build experience preferred, Reporting Workbench experience a plus.
- Sufficient education, training, and experience to demonstrate the possession and direct application of the following knowledge and abilities.
- Ambulatory and Tapestry certifications is required.
- Experience in Behavioral Health is preferred.