Location: New York, NY
- Epic Application team members are responsible for in-depth knowledge of the Epic System software and are the primary liaison between user community and the Epic application.
- They conduct regular day-to-day communications, review the software, and exhibit a deep understanding of the business operations and works with Epic, the Epic Application Team(s), Operations, vendors and end users to tailor the application to the organizations’ requirements.
- The Epic Team Lead routinely preforms in-depth analysis of workflows, data collections, report details, and other technical issues associated with the use of the Epic software; prepare detailed requirements, specifications and provides technical expertise in identifying, evaluating and configuring systems and procedures that meet user requirements.
- He/she is responsible for the developing and documenting the internal procedures that will be used in conjunction with the Epic applications.
- Epic Application team members gain in-depth knowledge of the software by attending training at Epic and completing application certification, certified projects and examinations.
Minimum Experience and Skills:
- Experience managing and supporting multiple projects and implementations.
- Extensive knowledge and demonstration of strong leadership and interpersonal communication skills.
- Extensive knowledge of reporting programs and application tools including Epic Reporting Workbench, Epic Clarity, Chronicles, Crystal Reports and Business Objects.
- Must possess an understanding of computer system capabilities to address process requirements.
- Hands-on experience working with Business Objects Enterprise reporting and analytic applications.
- Solid understanding of current applications and trends in business intelligence, data warehousing, and enterprise reporting technologies.
- Experience working with Microsoft SQL.
- Knowledge and understanding of database modeling and schemas.
- Experience organizing and running multiple projects required.
- Ability to translate user requirements into functional & design specifications, communicate with report consumers to gather specifications, review designs, present drafts, and validate results.
- Possesses comprehensive knowledge of hospital operations, procedures/functions and the relationships between them.
- Demonstrates the ability to build relationships and effectively communicate with the project team, and key clinical stakeholders, including business services, nurses and physicians.
- Works closely and collaboratively with other project team members including business and clinical leaders.
- Participates and sometimes facilitates building, planning and problem solving discussions with project teams, clinicians, and leadership.
- Ability to gain an in-depth understanding of the Epic data model and determine data structures that benefits the entire reporting environment.
- Experience with business or clinical computer systems in the areas of data/information warehousing data and reporting of such data required.
- Solid understanding of computer systems, interfaces, software, and IT functions.
- College Degree
- Maintains and manages the daily operations of the Reporting Team.
- Effectively documents and assigns all reporting tasks including prioritization of requests and assigning deadlines to the reporting team and staff.
- Designs and documents the general functional requirements and detailed technical specifications for reporting solutions.
- Receives and documents formal requests from customer including specifications (layout, calculations, data source, etc.) Evaluates requests for completeness and if needed works with customer to finalize request.
- Maintains existing reports and analyzes/evaluates requirements for new modified reports/databases
- Prepares detailed specifications, technical and user documentation from which reports, downloads, and extracts will be written.
- Ensures complete and accurate logical definition of data
- Responsible for maintaining data integrity and the ongoing quality control of delivered reports.
- Validates system build/reports designs and performs audit and report findings of security and data controls.
- Provides technical direction, guidance and assistance during project development and accomplish all required formal sign-offs.
- Investigates, resolves and performs follow-up tasks on system and related problems.
- Collaborates to seek resolution of system design conflicts for points of integration and communicates risk implications to Project Team.
- Consults with and advise vendors and technical groups concerning the continued support of reports and databases
- Recommends changes to established guidelines, standards, methodologies and conventions as appropriate
- Communicates effectively with users, colleagues, developers, and organizational administration.
- Provides estimates for moderate to complex work efforts
- Supports multiple concurrent projects and/or application modules, educates and coaches other team members, and manages user expectations.
- Establishes and monitors project and task schedules and ensures adherence to work deadlines.
- Leads the work of staff within the team.
- Effectively interfaces with department heads, vendors, and consultants, to lead projects.
- Prepares and presents system design specifications or proposals along with recommendations regarding the feasibility of implementation.
- Provides input to the yearly performance evaluation of reporting team and staff.
- Prepares status and project reports.
- Ensues that systems design and documentation meet department standards.
- Keeps abreast of current trends and developments in the field.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Minimum 5 years Reporting build experience
- An Epic Clarity Certification (Any module)
- Epic Reporting Workbench/Cogito Project Manager Certified